1965 SG Special, the Beat Explosion, NEW VIDEO

Discussion in 'Vintage SG' started by TVBob, Mar 28, 2019.

1. TVBob

TVBob New Member

This video is dedicated to a beautiful Original Vintage 1965 Gibson SG Special, stock version without Maestro Vibrola tailpiece.
    This guitar offers us the opportunity to understand what happened in the music history in 1964 and why it affected so dramatically the guitar world.
    Hope you enjoy!

- English and Italian subtitles available

2. DanB

DanB Active Member

Thanks for the video just saw this today. I always enjoy learning about guitar history.

TVBob likes this.
  3. DanB

DanB Active Member

This guy also has some good chops of his own. The only thing he forgot to mention in his video when he discussed the Beatles was the fact that George Harrison at some point had a Gibson SG and played it on several songs most notably Paperback Writer.

TVBob likes this.
  4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

He mentions that the neck/body joint is very fragile, but nevertheless just before, he flexed it while playing ... DOH !

5. TVBob

TVBob New Member

Yes, as tought by Bill Frisell and Leslie West, flexing the neck is not dangerous, dropping the guitar (even with the case) is.

arcticsg likes this.
  6. Steve D

Steve D Well-Known Member

I can more or less validate that. I grew up playing a 60s SG before there was an internet and none of my friends had Gibsons so I never even knew about the headstock and heel issues. I was never gentle with the neck and even I used the headstock to prop the guitar up against walls and stuff because I was too broke to afford real guitar stands. No issues. Of course that was when they could be picked up cheap and now I'd be scared to do any of that with one because good god, that's thousands of dollars if you crack it! But based on my own experiences I don't think they are delicate enough to break apart in your hands, really, unless you aggressively tried to.

arcticsg likes this.