2001 Custom Shop SG Standard

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by sentari, Mar 19, 2020.

1. sentari

sentari New Member

I have one of these. Not entirely sure what it is. The new ones list "1961 reissue." This one just SG Standard (on the COA). So "historically accurate" to what? It's all original w/COA. Cherry... Does not look aged or other non-sense fake weathering. I assume it has 57 pickups, but they don't specify on the backs. Just PAF and Wound by stickers. Looks like a long tenon. Seems like linear taper pots...a real ABR-1/stopbar. Looks like someone mostly just played cowboy chords on it, otherwise it just has a few dings. I found an old web archive that listed the following:

"Reissue of a legendary guitar, the Les Paul SG Standard is back with historically accurate appointments including heel shape, Holly peg veneer, tapered peghead, and vintage body shape and scarfing.

Materials: Beveled thin mahogany body, mahogany neck
    Binding: Neck
    Hardware: Nickel

Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 bridge w/ stopbar or ABR-1 w/ short Maestro
    Pickups: Two '57 Classics
    Controls: Two volume, two tone, 3-way switch

Fingerboard: bound rosewood fingerboard with pearloid trapezoid inlays
    Scale Length/Nut Width: 24 3/4" / 1 11/16"

Finishes: Faded Cherry, Classic White and TV Yellow
    Specially formulated vintage style thin lacquer and analine dye finish on the Faded Cherry
    Historically accurate body shape and appointments"

2. Gibbo SG

Gibbo SG Active Member

Those are good guitars, very good. These are a step above Gibson USA in terms of just everything. Some people get a Bigsby loaded into the top or new pickups, but you've got a fine SG there.

3. Gibbo SG

Gibbo SG Active Member

Historically accurate to the day it was made.

4. sentari

sentari New Member

Great.. It feels great. I tried a few at Guitar center and they were just odd feeling and uninspiring. I'm sure they were a new standard or something new... non custom shop.