65 or 66 Gibson SG Standard Pelham Blue...Value?

Discussion in 'Vintage SG' started by Bocatrip, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Roger Phillips

Roger Phillips New Member

Pelham Blue is an awful colour until it morphs into that glorious silvery green. I've seen two over the years in London shops, but can't remember what they were asking. However, last year I dropped on an EB-3 from 1965. I haven't the facility to show pictures on the web, but the instrument is featured on Basschat. It takes pride of place in my collection such that my cherry 1962 and fading 1967 (narrow neck) are now for sale in the U.K. along with the four Thunderbird 76s.
    This year' purchase was a 1962 SG Standard (ebony block with the pearl inlays) with a couple of issues which put it in reach at £8k. One of the issues I can live with:- larger bushings in the headstock, the other, well, neither myself or the vendor's representative are sure the neck's been off. I don't it has. And I love it.
    Roger

Chuteboxehero likes this.
  2. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

I believe the approximate value is one arm and one leg. But you could always haggle over fingers and toes.