A new Javamagic project - or two.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by javamagic, Sep 1, 2012.

1. SG John

SG John Well-Known Member

Those tailpieces came out quite nice, as did the Capri. Maybe you should have had a few extras made to flog off on the public. Most of the cost of doing something like that is in the set up.

And, I'm sure it's a big switch from when everyone had a Rick, and no one had a Strat except Hank. You could always mess with the Blues Nazis and bring the JC SG. Most wouldn't know what it is, except that it's an SG. Some friends of mine are in a surf band, and they love playing non surf guitars to wind up the Surf Nazis.

:cheers:

2. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

Hand-made tailpieces John. They are slightly different and not interchangeable with the end brackets. If it was a case of making jigs and stamping then it may have been feasible and economic to do a batch. Selling them without getting caught by The RIC police is a different matter. :fingersx:

I have taken the Cipollina SG to a jam and yes, people looked confused. These days I'm generally using the slab-bodied Coronet, or Newport if I want to play bass, which also puzzles the punters. :smile:

3. SG John

SG John Well-Known Member

Nice!

:rofl: