Adobe Audition?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Robert Herndon, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Robert Herndon

Robert Herndon Well-Known Member

I was using Cool Edit Pro for a little while, just to record my own song ideas, but my son got me a copy of Adobe Audition and installed it in a better PC. He thinks its better than CEP.

What are your thoughts???

2. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, helping a friend design a knitting machine
    I use it at version 3. I wouldn't go past that as I think it is starting to suffer from bloat, and is not as functional.

3. Robert Herndon

Robert Herndon Well-Known Member

Gotcha....I'm looking forward to getting it setup!

4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Is that a free download ? If so, you have a link ? I can only find patches for 3.0

5. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, helping a friend design a knitting machine
    No it wasn't free. But Audition now isn't for sale. You have to pay a monthly fee in the Creative Cloud scheme. It isn't exhorbitant, but it does sort of add up after a while.

DrBGood likes this.
  6. LDS

LDS Member

Audition isn't as good as it used to be. I started with CEP, then upgraded to Audition and kept it current through 3.0.

Then...

I discovered Reaper. About 1/5 the cost of audition, faster, and more capable. Trial is full-featured and doesn't expire. The included plugins, while nothing to write home about in the way of aesthetics, are actually extremely good. The gates and compressors are world-class even though they look very plain and unimpressive. IMHO, when it comes to new and useful features Reaper outperforms ProTools, especially when you factor in the cost ($60 for the full license , including two major version upgrades).

You can download the trial (actually the full version) at cockos.fm

7. PAFHumbucker

PAFHumbucker Well-Known Member

Which version of Adobe Audition? I worked in radio for 13 years and I love Cool Edit Pro 2.0/Adobe Audition 1.0.

8. jtees4

jtees4 Well-Known Member

I used to use Cool Edit Pro. I thought Adobe Audition took over CEP and updated stuff. I used Audition until about a year ago, then went to Reaper. While I did some good stuff with AA....Reaper is leaps and bounds better, and simply does so much more.