All in one type effects

Discussion in 'Effects' started by bloosman1, Jan 7, 2005.

1. bloosman1

bloosman1 Active Member

I have a pod xt with all the upgrades and a short board fbv.
    it has every effect in it a player could want (except an 'intelligent' harmonizer) does anyone else have an 'all in one' type or brand worth discussion?

2. ess

ess Guest

gotta be the voxad30vt in there somewhere bloosman :)

30watt,10 inch spkr, valve preamp, line out which cuts the speaker off,, great for recording. a wattage limiter, a simple dial.

11 amp settings , 11 effects or mixed effects. all adjustable parameters and the ability to save settings also.

the reverb on it is killer. clear as a bell. phaser is just outright fun.

the amp settings just knock me down. with the gain knob, the ability to 'overdrive' em all. real trick.

piggy backed it into a 200watt solid state amp / 12 inch speaker which pretty much faithfully reproduced what the voxster threw at it.

in a nutshell its fookin great! and me like! hehehehe :)

3. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Roland GP-100

This is the multi I've been using! A Roland GP-100...... It has every effect in it which can be called up at will and mixed n matched. Global on the front to alter basic sound on the fly. Sits in a rack bag when I take it out with a digital tuner. I wanted something I could go into a club with guitar, amp in each hand and the rest over my shoulder! One trip.

[​IMG]

There's a lot on it....Now I like old tube amps from the 50's and 60's so I use it mostly to gently push the preamp where I want it. If I need anything I've got it. It's midi too along with the pedalboard to come. I like many others but have a hard time accepting the fact that the unit itself is actually on the floor although they also have good sounds in them! With modern amps like the Boogies I just defeat all the preamps globally and use the effects.....It has an intelligent harmonizer too best used programed for the harmony/scale you need. Not hard to do by ear either...And you can get up to 4 voices at once....ha. Start adding a little slap in there and there's loads of fun. You can use the harmonizer on the fly too but you need to know your programs.

Pedalboard

[​IMG]

The pedalboard is also Midi and fortunately works on wall wart OR battery power! Sometimes I hook-up a tuner to the pedal and usually 2 or 3 other function pedals which change functions with each patch I program! It also controls the Boogie's switching if I so desire! But I like to use a Abacus for that.

To be honest, after the first set when the amps heat up real nice and start to cook I pull the jack out of the processor and plug directly into the amps because nothing can touch that at all, ever! 8) Brings me closer to heaven! :wink: If I need it for a song I plug back into it and switch when I'm done. Everything sucks tone in the signal path....It works well with the wireless when I have to isolate myself but I'm more of a tethered kind of guy.
    Worth checking out if you get the chance and Voxman recommended if your so inclined!

4. bloosman1

bloosman1 Active Member

nice

I heard that the VOX tonelab is pretty neat too.

5. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

That is impressive Vox. I have sometimes wondered about some of the possibilities and combinations you can get out it...! Cool!

6. Voxman

I've heard that also but haven't tried it yet!

7. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

Bloos,

I have the same setup, PodXT and the FBV shortboard. I bought the gig bag and just use the shoulder strap. I don't need an amp most of the time. I just borrow one or use the PA as all I want is the clean channel anyway.

The big problem is there is no interaction with an amp like with the tube amps and the feedback, squeal and harmonics etc. You get the sound but it's not quite the same as having an amp all heated up and reacting.

8. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

I put a review of the Boss ME-50 in the everything else section.

9. bloosman1

bloosman1 Active Member

While I agree that digital modelling technology is not on a par with true valve amplification, it does have its place in recording and use as a 'stomp box' or preamp. and while it's true that I have more than my share of analog effects, wahs, distortions, chorus, delay, etc., it puts them all in one box so to speak. The financial aspect is great for the begining working musician. Who would have dreamed that you could have 64 amps, 72 different effects (all totally adjustable) 36 different cabinet models, 8 different mikes with settings for each. the ability to record via usb, midi, or analog seamlessly (without bleeding ears) for under $500.00 us?
    Don't get me wrong, I am not touting Line6 as rhere are different models out there now and that's why I put up this post. In my opinion, this technology is doing for youngsters today what Leo Fender and Orville Gibson did for generations past, giving an affordable solution to making art.

10. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

Right on Bloos!

11. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Well said Bloos.

12. Voxman

No one could ever afford all those cool amps and pedals anymore which validates modeling's existence and gives a chance for all to hear an authentic mimic of the sound and response of many amps in one setting!
    You guys hit it right on the head

13. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

And did anyone mention the fact that this stuff is easy to use?

heck, even a 10 year old can dial in great settings....or me...LOL

14. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

i use a digitech rp100 sometimes, and my crate dx212 has modeling and effects also.....too many choices! and both of these i feel are a compromise, but it is fun i could have never dreamed of a few years ago.

i think they're good for learning what you want....

or for when you only need the effects occassionally.

15. ess

ess Guest

coooooool. 8)

i see the voxman has tidied up his room. :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Voxman

Yea I realised that after I posted and looked at the pics :shock: :oops: but if it matters I did start to tidy up the other one a bit......wifey don't go in there though!:D

17. ess

ess Guest

wouldnt be the same without the mountains of gear vox., real eye candy! :D

18. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

chaos is a sign of genious!! 8)

19. Voxman

Old trash Ess, old trash, but one mans trash is another mans treasure! :shock: :D

Innuendo out the other!

The garbage collector pack rat's lair........hehehehehehehe

20. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member