.... and now...your LEAST favourite guitarists?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Strange Brew, Sep 27, 2005.

1. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

Actually Dan, Hendrix was way ahead of his time, he was a genius in the studio and I have great respect for what he did ........BUT.........I have seen him live, lets just say I was very disappointed. :-X

2. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Hey Weaz,
    I've heard many people say the same about Led Zep.
    I suppose I could see where their live show might be less than breathtaking after watching alot of footage. If you're not a big fan or don't know the songs, it's easy to get bored with guys just standing on a stage.

Still a huge Page fan myself.

:-)
    Neo

3. mikeystool

mikeystool Well-Known Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=4333.msg155509#msg155509 date=1168409086]
    Actually Dan, Hendrix was way ahead of his time, he was a genius in the studio and I have great respect for what he did ........BUT.........I have seen him live, lets just say I was very disappointed. :-X
    [/quote]everyone has off days..ive heard rock vets like yerself say the same thing about the who in 67 , the dead in 69 and others..just that the shows sucked...and these people were fans of the bands...

4. alexrules43

alexrules43 Member

[quote author=EL_DIABLO link=topic=4333.msg155352#msg155352 date=1168368628]
    dwayne allman, Django and Les Paul

oh and Derek Trucks sucks the big one also.
    [/quote]
    *double take* What was that?

5. EL_DIABLO

EL_DIABLO Guest

[quote author=alexrules43 link=topic=4333.msg155745#msg155745 date=1168481075]
    *double take* What was that?
    [/quote]

You know I'm right :)

6. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

.... you little devil, you..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

7. EL_DIABLO

EL_DIABLO Guest

8. alexrules43

alexrules43 Member

Alright, Django I can understand (if he's not your style), but why Allman and Les Paul? They were innovaters-Paul for the studio, Allman for the slide guitar.

9. SG dan

SG dan Active Member

realy wease? I'd say the opposite. I wasn't alive when he was so naturally I havn't technically seen him although i have seen most videos of him. I'd say he was just as good if not better live.

was the show you saw the show that he did at the filmore?

10. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=EL_DIABLO link=topic=4333.msg155352#msg155352 date=1168368628]
    Halen, Moore, Clapton, Bloomfield, dimebag, Vai, Malmsteen, Navarro, 7, Satriani, Zak wylde, Rhoads, Cobain, Armstrong, Hank Marvin, slash, hatherly, vedder, mars, mcready, borland, dwayne allman, Django and Les Paul

ALL SUCK.

Dave Murray aint bad but he's in maiden so hes on the list.

Morello played some good stuff but he wears his guitar too high so hes on this $hit list as well.

Edit. and the girly one from metallica too.

oh and Derek Trucks sucks the big one also.

[/quote]

I think a shorter list would be guitarists you don't hate.

11. mikeystool

[quote author=Zeppelin Rules link=topic=4333.msg155969#msg155969 date=1168560682]

I think a shorter list would be guitarists you don't hate.
    [/quote]hes the devil , its his nature to hate..

12. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Andrew Ridgely of Wham! :Bangin: :rofl:

OK I'll get away from the dementia for awhile. :idiot:

13. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

You seem to be in the midst of a Wham! moment Neo. ;D
    (Referring to your other post there ;))

14. entropydave

entropydave Member

this thread is boring.... wake me up before you gogo..... :D

15. Rooney

Rooney Member

[quote author=NeoConMan link=topic=4333.msg155349#msg155349 date=1168367321]
    Hey Rooney,
    I've seen Slash a couple of times with Snakepit and VR.

I've seen the GnR stupidity waged 'round the world, seen the MTV and media coverage of their Bad Boy Bullsh!t, and decided I would never invite this bunch of assholes to my house for dinner.

But I do like what comes out of my speakers when he has the L.P./Marshall thing going.

My standard answer when asked about my favorite guitarist is that I have three;
    Jimmy Page, Angus Young and whoever I've been listening to lately.

In my feeble, fog-enshrouded world, Slash pops in to number three on a regular basis.

:-)
    Neo
    [/quote]

Least Favorite Guitarist to me includes not only musical ability, but also a general overview of their life. There are stories about every guitarist being a unpleansant I'm sure, but I just can't stand Slash at all. Being good at something doesn't give you an excuse to be an idiot. I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just trying to get my point across.

16. mikeystool

[quote author=Rooney link=topic=4333.msg156761#msg156761 date=1168817755]
    Least Favorite Guitarist to me includes not only musical ability, but also a general overview of their life. There are stories about every guitarist being a unpleansant I'm sure, but I just can't stand Slash at all. Being good at something doesn't give you an excuse to be an idiot. I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just trying to get my point across.
    [/quote]not that i pay that much attention to dirt, but what was the slash story? i never heard anything negitive about him...not that im a fan by any means....

17. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Hey Rooney, Mikey,
    Yeah, the assholier-than-thou attitudes and treating fans like idiots will catch up to them someday.

Van Halen comes across as a nice guy in interviews but people in the business (not just Dave & Sammy) will tell you he's an insufferable prick. He may have the vision and responsibility for the band, but doesn't play well with others.
    It's easy to believe karma took care of that. No singer, no record company, no wife, no career and a fight with cancer and a bad hip have taken him out of the spotlight until his induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame later this year.

Neal Schon of Journey has the same vibe about him. Extremely talented but could give a sh!t less about those he doesn't need.

Slash was just a party animal, too stoned to grab his butt with both hands. I haven't heard alot about him being a prick, maybe Axle cured him of that. >:(

Personally, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

I've met a few fairly well known musicians and they were very gracious, patient even with drunk/stupid fans.
    The only real bummer was meeting David Grissom when he was in Storyville with Chris Layton/Tommy Shannon of Stevie Ray Vaughn's band. I shook his hand, he autographed a cd and I asked him about his PRS and 335. With no crowd around to speak of he was a complete prick.
    He played with Joe Ely, John Mellencamp and others before them and has gone on to some success since. Last I heard he was playing guitar touring with The Dixie Chicks.
    :funny: :rofl:

Neo

18. mikeystool

wow..thats some dirt..

19. EveryMn

EveryMn Active Member

I met John Easdale from Dramarama at a concert last year (front and center)

He was one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met, famous rockstar or no.

20. Gui

Gui Member

It's never too late to answer i guess...

I love Metallica (until Load, hehe) but my least favourite guitarist is... Kirk Hammet... annoying solos, no style... just my opinion ;)