Another VISIT to the GC

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by eS.G., Sep 7, 2015.

1. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

First trip to my new local Guitar Center......new because I moved......

It is a decent store.....inventory was low. (Labor Day Sales and all) The used prices where ridiculously high ---good I am broke and really didn't NEED anything--

I made several interesting (all be the predictable) observations
    --to me, playing them back to back a Fender (made in China ) 700.00 Telecaster felt and played (and sounded) unplugged identical to the 174.00 Squire (also made in China) ----

OLP (174.00) Bass played and felt identical (and sounded plugged in) the same as a Made In California Erni Ball Music Man Bass.

I was seriously underwhelmed by a Gibson Futura Les Paul.......felt and played like the 164.00 HARLEY Benton Gold Top I sold off.

A black version of my BC Rich Mockingbird for double what I paid ----really---come on guys--

HOWEVER the STANDOUT winner........the Line 6 JTV 69s And I had to STOP after 30 minutes of messing with tones and switching tunings......wow...... ( again thank goodness I am broke) because it played and felt AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sp8ctre, Alex_SG and DoodoaXD like this.
  2. DoodoaXD

DoodoaXD Well-Known Member

No 2016 gibsons?

3. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

NOt a one.....perhaps they will put them on the shelves after the Labor Day blow out.

4. LeadFinger

LeadFinger Well-Known Member

I was driving by the GC/Sam Ash ghetto on Sunset and had an urge to check out the 2016s. It passed, though, and I took the bike for a wash.

5. ScottMarlowe

ScottMarlowe Well-Known Member

My local GC had two or three 2016s in. But luckily for me they did NOT have the '70s tribute SG T w/minibuckers. I mean I can resist some temptation but that might be too much. Couldn't play anyway (stupid finger)

Karathas likes this.
  6. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Well-Known Member

Told you those JTV's were the shite...you should pick up a JTV-59 if you want to go crazy....my poor SG's have been cased for some time...and my Strats, well you're going to see some stuff for sale here real soon!