Anyone snag any Xmas amps?

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Hackubus, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Hackubus

Hackubus Member

Picked up a mid 60s Gibson GA 5 Skylark for cheap. Nice n grindy at reasonably low volumes. Color me sastified.

Yall snag any amps over the holidays?

2. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

I came up empty Hack, but how about a pic. I remember some of the old 60's Gibson Amps. Came close to getting one once and kick myself for not doing it now. The ones I remember were slant front and two or four speaker cabinets... sort of like the 5150 half stack cabinet. But I think they were lighter colors weren't they. Oh well, how 'bout some pics?

3. Hackubus

Hackubus Member

Crud. I had some pics of it on my desktop but they got deleted. Lemme do a google on it & see what I find.

Ok...this is the tremolo version, mine is just a 3 knob but this is pretty close cosmetically. This is my 1st EL 84 amp (6bq5) and I'm likin what I'm hearin.
    [​IMG]

4. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Way cool Hack. The walk down memory lane is cool too. This one of the "smaller" amps of the time. But I think they put out pretty well. Have you tried running some "new sound" pedals thru the old amp? Sometimes you come up with some interesting sound.