Anyone use the Line 6 POD?

Discussion in 'Effects' started by hambucker, Jan 30, 2005.

1. hambucker

hambucker Member

I'm looking inot getting one, but I have no first hand experience with it. Can anyone tell me the diferences between the original POD and the XT? Is it even worth getting an original POD?

2. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

I have the PodXT and I love it. I use it every day!
    The USB Digital in/out is great to record thru into your pc multitrack.

3. bloosman1

bloosman1 Active Member

Meeeee Toooooo!!!!!!

4. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

5. ess

ess Guest

:lol: :lol:

(VOX) :lol:

6. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

7. lagger

lagger Member

I use my podxt to record over backing tracks directly nto the computer .. I have also used it on occassion as a pedal for effects in front of my amp .. the orig pod had fewer options\models and midi interface only.., ther xt has more user definable addresses and supports usb 2 .. I like it a lot but of course it is no substitute for a tube amp ..

8. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

the tonelab is like the guts from the valvetronix amps put into a mult-effects unit...has pc based editing software all kinds of i/o etc.....and a valve.....300 bucks.

(vox)

9. ess

ess Guest

(lab) :lol:

10. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

8) :lol:

(LAB)

11. Tripower455

Tripower455 Member

I picked up a POD XT last week, mainly for late night practice and direct recording to the computer (via N-Tracks) and it works great. I was going to get the Vox, as it is tailored more to the tones that I am after, but it is a bit large for my purposes (IE won't fit in my carry on!). I also have a Pandora PX4 and the POD is a lot more versatile.

Overall, I like the POD XT's interface, and it is great with guitarport for jamming and recording. It even sounds surprisingly good using the effects models into my Marwatt. For me, it won't replace a tube amp with analog pedals, but overall it is a useful tool.

The prerecorded tones on the internet pretty much suck, but I've been able to eek out some pretty nice Hiwatt tones out of the thing with the headphones, which is good enough for me. I also like the way it reacts to knob inputs like a real MV amp.

12. these_go211

these_go211 New Member

i'm still using the pod 2.0 and it sounds great as well. i highly recommend it. you can pick them up cheap used.
    check out: http://www.line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi for a pod discussion group. you'll hear a lor more about what issues, problems, and successes pod users are having. and it's not a total lovefest either. there have been some interesting, ie heated, discussions about the pod vs other modellers.

13. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

I have been using a Pod2.0 for several years on my recordings. It's a great tool, I love it. Just take the time to program it yourself with what you like...I didn't care for the presets.

I've used it on nearly eveer recording I have ever done.

H2H

14. sgSter

sgSter Member

No pod but I'll have a ToneLab verrry soon

15. mr_dj07

mr_dj07 Member

I have a Digitech RP 200A. The amp modeling is awesome ! :D
    the only con I could say is the expression pedal. It's kind of weak and the wah really sucks...
    But you can control every effect with the expression pedal as gain, reverb, volume etc. You can even simulate a single coil pickup from a humbucker or simulate a humbucker from a single coil. Sure it's not as good as the real thing but I think it gives a pretty accurate sound !