Anyone want a 498T?

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by hambucker, Jul 9, 2005.

1. hambucker

hambucker Member

I think I want to switch out the bridge pickup in the '04 Standard I just got (I know, pics are on the way...I'm lazy ok?). It's kind of thin to my ears. I'm happy with the 490 neck for now. I'll trade or sell...I'd prefer a trade. I'm looking for something quality (Duncan, Dimarzio, etc.), and covered. Thanks!

2. paradox

paradox Active Member

wow - no takers yet on this one - no thanks I've got two already (one in a standard, one in a LP). Let us know what you swap in there. I orignally was happy with my 498's but I may be looking for something a bit warmer, you describe it as thin, its just seems like too much treble. I was thinking about trying a 59 in the bridge, I tried a JB in the bridge position once - its sounded like a 498 to me.

3. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

Intrested, IM sent !

4. hambucker

hambucker Member

I'm leaning toward a Duncan Custom or a Pearly Gates. I've never accually played one, but the C5 is highly recommended in an SG. I just want more bottom end crunch, and that PAF twang. The '59 sounds good in just about everything. I don't think you can go wrong with it...it is my third choice.