anyone want to buy these? very cheap?

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by GrumpyOldDBA, Feb 19, 2019.

1. GrumpyOldDBA

GrumpyOldDBA Well-Known Member

I am now up to 4 sets of the G-Force tuners removed from 2 SGs and 2 LPs ( but I think they are pretty much identical ).

I see people listing them on eBay etc but well to be honest who would want them? I would feel bad selling them for very much and well of course they would come with no warranty "parts only" might or might not work. But they were all removed right away practically and essentially are brand new.

Maybe trade something I dunno exactly ha ha? Give me an offer I will consider it?

I am also accumulating apparently aluminum cases for HP models but even though I don't think I will ever really use them ( I like the Gator Cases for transport ) I think best idea is to hang onto these. Well unless I get a pretty good offer and someone gives me a really good reason why they need one and would actually be using it.

2. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

The people who want them are the people who've found out how well they work. Here in the UK they sell for about £50 to £70, so you'd be looking at about £200 - £250 if you listed them individually in working order. I doubt anyone will be wanting four. Feeling bad is optional - if someone wants to pay for them, why feel bad? :) I bought one to replace a Min-E-tune, and then sold that on Ebay.

I'd be happy to pick up a cheap one for spares - but it would need to be the later version without the screw-on lock nut, and also with chrome pegs - I'm not fond of the nasty plastic ones, and would love to replace them on my '14. If my SG Supreme had the smaller headstock, I'd buy one for that. FWIW, there are a few different models to fit different headstocks, so it might help to list which ones you have - it's written on the back, (and they won't fit Epiphones).

3. GrumpyOldDBA

[QUOTE="SG standard, post: 516095, member: 5829" FWIW, there are a few different models to fit different headstocks, so it might help to list which ones you have - it's written on the back, (and they won't fit Epiphones).[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ok over this weekend coming up I will go through and figure out exactly what I have. But I think they are all pretty recent is it G-Force V2? Two from 2017 LP Studios one from 2016 LP studio and one from 2018 SG HP. ( So three from LP one from SG I was wrong earlier ). I don't recall green plastic on any of them think they were all chrome. But anyhow I will double check this weekend.

Probably I should keep at least one of them just in case I ever sell a guitar and buyer might want it. OK thanks more details later.

4. GrumpyOldDBA

Ok so they all seem the same to me.

Heres a pic of one back plate all 4 have the same chrome tuners.

3DAD293C-3CDA-4B20-A4BC-ABD938F37745.jpeg

5. Colnago

Colnago Member

I'd be down with buying one to try out. How much for a set?

6. GrumpyOldDBA

Yeah sorry i dunno Colnago it seems to me SG Standard has a legit reason to buy one for parts/spare etc.

Theres a reason Gibson ditched these and ended up in legal wrangling. I tried them briefly on a couple of my guitars and found them buggy. They would tune a guitar but well usually my Snark and my ear would not agree. At times a string would get tuned an octave low. Not useable in my opinion even ones like mine basically brand new.

I think i paid about 70 bucks for locking grover replacements each time.

Let me see first if SG Std wants a first set ( pm me please ) and well lets see where this goes.

I really do not recommend using or even trying these unless one is really convinced and semi experienced with these.

7. GrumpyOldDBA

OK I checked out Tronical site ( german manufacturer ) and they are still selling these things. I guess I should not be surprised. The sets are above 200 bucks shipped to US and they offer various parts options.

So if someone wants one of these "bad" I will sell a full set including charger. Parts only I don't claim this works but I don't see why not. They have not been touched since being pulled off guitar. Personally I say stay away.

But PM me if you want to make a bad decision here. I will charge 70 bucks and ship it on my own. That gets me close to cost of Grover locking tuner.

I don't have any experience selling stuff like this so I guess maybe I would go on good faith based on seeing someone that has been on ETSG for a while and ship it out to you first and expect to get a check ( or figure out some reasonable way of paying ) sent back to me. I guess I could accept Apple Pay cash seems like I am setup for that ...