Are these for real ?

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by DrBGood, Aug 7, 2018.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

http://www.nnyjd.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35_20&page=1

Or they just take your money and send you something that doesn't look like what they show ? Because they have no tell tale design flaws showing on the pics.

I don't know if it's in response to Trump, but they don't bother to hide the headstock with the Gibson logo anymore :facepalm:

03.jpg
    04.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

From their website under FAQs:

FAQs
    1. How can the prices are far below market price ?
    The answer is that we are offering Procurement Service : to buy on someone's behalf. We have aguarantee of quality , and for 10 days (from the date products were received ) , if you find the products with quality problems (Non- human factors or non- resistant external damage ) , it can be returned and exchanged.

So what does it mean? I don't know... Do you feel lucky?

imageproxy.jpeg

Drawde likes this.
  3. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what it could have to do with Trump, or why they'd want to hide the headstocks, but I'm pretty certain these are Gibson's photos - the same ones you'll see on many dealers websites.

I'm also pretty sure, if you give them your credit card details, you'll regret it... Less sure they'll send you anything at all! It would almost be cute if they did actually bother to send you something. Instead you'll just enjoy the headache of getting your money back from the credit card company.

"Yes, I really did order a $1,000 guitar for $100, from a website I'd never heard of.... and yes, I am old enough to vote..."

4. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

I agree, looks like photos of actual Gibsons, which is what they seem to claiming to sell.

Definitely dodgy, they don't even take Paypal, and there's no way I'd give them my credit card info.

Otherwise if I had a couple hundred I didn't mind losing I'd be tempted to order something just to see what happened. :rofl:

Didds likes this.
  5. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

Hmmm....

If you go to the drop-down list you can select “Marshall Guitars.”

It brings you to this page:

http://www.nnyjd.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35_25

Also, this appears in the FAQ:

5. Are the pictures true or false?
    All images are completely taken by ourselves , the color phenomenon occurred only in a few pictures,see them clearly before take the item in your cart .

That’s a red flag right there. Many of these look like direct copy-and-paste from the manufacturer’s websites.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Didds and cerebral gasket like this.
  6. cerebral gasket

cerebral gasket Well-Known Member

FAQ Number 2 has language about not being able to return shoes if evidence shows that they have been worn outdoors. I did not see any shoes for sale on that site.

Perhaps they could try to sell left-handed baseball bats and bowling balls?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    syscokid and Didds like this.
  7. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Active Member

Well someone oughta by one and see what happens. So we can see what they send and document it. If they knle accept credit cards as payment, get one of those gicft debit cards- they have a 5$ activation fee and work the same as a credit card.

They must send something, right?

Didds likes this.
  8. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Active Member

What if you called them posing as a Gibson Rep. asking why they are posting their pictures and see what they sau?

Didds likes this.
  9. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Active Member

Sorry to multi post.

I emailed them posing as a bulk buyer with questions. Screenshot_2018-08-07-23-35-00.png Screenshot_2018-08-07-23-35-04.png

Edit: just notice my typo in the email. Woops. I'll let you know what they say.

Im going to email them again with a different email and ask for pictures of the headstock and serial number.

syscokid, Matt K and Didds like this.
  10. Didds

Didds Active Member

What do they think this is? A gameshow?
    I'm willing to bet that a shoe (singular) is what shows up at your doorstep after you buy one of these "guitars". The pricing makes sense if thats the case. The prices are all similar to that of a pair of shoes
    We could all chip in $10 and have someone we trust to not keep the money buy one of these "guitars"

Layne Matz likes this.
  11. SG standard

Why on earth do you think that? Is there some universal law at work here? :)

They are scammers, pure & simple. They don't care. They don't even care about being obvious about being scammers - they're not trying to con most people - that's quite difficult. They're targeting the vulnerable, gullible & greedy people, as they're easier to rip off. Big clue: The prices. If they were offering Gibsons at 40% off, there'd be a lot more people considering buying one, because it would seem more legit, yet still cheaper than anywhere on the web. So why don't they do that? Because most people would still be too wary of an unknown website selling cheap Gibsons.

The prices are so low - just 10% of retail - that they're only trying to attract the utterly dumb & gullible. Anyone else can spot this as a con from a mile away. Give them your credit card details and one of two things may happen: You get nothing or you get a piece of crap. Does it matter which?

Any attempt to deal with them or have them dealt with is a waste of time too - they disappear & pop up somewhere else, often before any action can be taken - that's all part of the act.

12. smitty_p

And...once you give them your card info, they can keep charging it until you catch on and cancel your card.

13. smitty_p

I’ve done a little more digging.

This is a straight-up scam.

Google “Is Music Shop legitimate.” From just observing the various hits, it seems this same “store” pops up from time to time with different URLs. In the OP the URL is to nnyjd.com. At some point, that may shut down and and the store may be launched under a new URL.

The old adage applies: “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”

14. SG standard

Whatever you do, don't use an email address that you intend to keep or use in the future. It may be that this site (and hundreds, perhaps thousands like it) is only there to harvest email addresses. Knocking up a site like this from a template takes minutes*, but it'll harvest email addresses of the internets most gullible people - and these are REALLY valuable, as they're the very people who are likely to fall for phishing/spam emails. Seriously, it's entirely possible that this scam isn't about trying to get money directly - just harvesting worthwhile email targets. So I'd suggest not giving them what they want is a good idea...

*Just the fact they've mentioned shoes somewhere suggest this is what's going on, you'll probably find similar sites for designer clothes, and any expensive or luxury goods.

syscokid, Didds and Layne Matz like this.
  15. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Active Member

All probably true. That being said I'd love to see if i get a singular designer shoe. Plus if i get a return address i can ship them something they werent expecting as well.

As noted before, dont use your own credit card- use a gift debit card that functions the same way. Only put as much as you are going to spend on it. This is also a way of buying things online semi anonymously, since there is no name attached to the card just funds. If you use VPN encryption anyway its really no big deal.

Curiosity kills the cat. If i got a shitty guitar put of the deal I would be thrilled, you cna always upgrade it. That however probably wouldnt happen. Maybe they sell dead cats, and designer shoes?

16. Didds

Didds Active Member

Or even better, dead cats WEARING designer shoes

Layne Matz likes this.
  17. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Well now ... THAT is worth $130.

Didds likes this.
  18. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

Scams like this only target the most vulnerable internet population:

The mentally handicapped. As said above, they don't care what the rest of us think
    because they know the rest of us won't be their customers. They are like the phone
    sales people who call trying this scam or that one. They have a big room full of cubicles,
    each containing a sweaty phone scammer, calling a programmed series of numbers.

They don't waste their time on anyone who tries to find out about them. They only
    concentrate on those who answer politely, or who sound like idiots. Then they go to
    work, and deliver the pitch.

Internet sites like this work on the age-olde carnie principle:

NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK

Carnies have no concern or mercy for their victims, because they offer their victims an
    'unbelievable" deal, and the suckers try to take advantage, thinking they might get something
    for nothing. That's where the name 'suckers' come from. Ye carnies vs. ye suckers... it's
    a mutually destructive relationship.

"What a strange game, Professor. The only winning move is not to play."
    --Joshua the Computer

Internet sites like this should be blocked. Those who own them and manage them should
    be arrested, and then publicly tarred and feathered.

Git a rope...
    git a rope.jpg

Didds and Layne Matz like this.
  19. Norlin SG

Norlin SG Well-Known Member

I noticed in the pictures the good Doctor posted that the headstock picture and the main guitar picture which showed part of the neck were 2 different colors.

I think the reason the prices are so cheap is that they sell the guitars without head stocks. That would probably be a $5000 up charge if ordered from Gibson.

Just noticed that the priced are limited time only and ended yesterday (Wednesday). Layne, it looks like you missed your chance to make your millions selling authentic Gibson guitars. So in 1978, my SG at dealer prices must have been something like $$32 or $5032 if ordered from Gibson without a head stock.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  20. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Active Member

If i were in it for the money that sure as hell isnt what I'd be selling. Willie Nelson has the right idea, cannabis is reccession proof- just like food and alcohol.

Still haven't received an Email back from them. I do however have an unusual amount of new spam emails.