backing track players

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by ruffdog64, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ruffdog64

ruffdog64 Member

I`m looking for something to use to play backing tracks to play along with perhaps an mp3 player and speaker system what do you think or use , thanks Harvey

2. nynvolt

nynvolt Member

I use my mp3 player, just plug it into my amp which is equipped with a line in. Now finding backing track mp3's is the hard part, or finding ones you would want to use. My computer is old and leaves allot of noise when I record my guitar on it, partly because I am actually using a mic near my amp to do it but also because my sound card or speakers are causing some interference...yea I know there are better ways but it works for messing around.

Anyway, thats what I use.

3. joker08641

joker08641 Member

I watch TV with my guitar in my lap, and play along with commercials. It's a great way to train your ear, and it's hilarious when you throw a well known jingle or TV theme in somewhere later.

When I'm playing along with 30 or 60 second commercials I have a few bars to figure out the key we're in, etc. Makes you think on your feet and improves your timing. I always have that fantasy of being a studio cat like the late Tommy Tedesco, and having his ability to play anything, anytime, anywhere, cold.

Sucks when the band on TV is tuned up or down 1/4 step LOL