basic looper

Discussion in 'Effects' started by plankton, Nov 10, 2017.

1. plankton

plankton Active Member

I’m looking to get an inexpensive, simple looper pedal for home practice, basically playing over a rhythm track or layering a few parts together.

It’s going to be the TC Ditto or Digitech Jamman Express. None of the differences in design or function are deal breakers for me either way (size, loop time, mono/stereo, etc.) Both seem like they get good reviews, although most of the reviews and threads online are from a few years ago.

What I’d really like is to hear any reasons against either one. Issues with build quality or functionality? Anyone have experience with either or both? Any bad experiences?

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Bought a used Ditto a few years back, still works as it should. No complaint.

plankton likes this.
  3. plankton

plankton Active Member

Thanks for the feedback Dr B. I'm leaning towards the Ditto as I can get it a bit cheaper and I don't need the stereo or sync features of the Jamman. Plus I should be able to squeeze the Ditto onto my board, the Digitech is a bit too big and would have needed to sit off to the side.

4. Guilll

Guilll New Member

The EHX 360 is also great. Very small, very simple, and has 11 (I think) different memory slots to let you store your loops (which stay recorded even when you unplug the pedal). I used to have one, and never had any problem with it.

plankton likes this.
  5. plankton

plankton Active Member

Thanks. I actually just ordered a Ditto today (along with a DOD Carcosa Fuzz)