blues and rock guitarist user group

Discussion in 'Lessons & Techniques' started by 1Way, Feb 20, 2006.

1. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Aisuru
    Glad to hear it. Your effort is much appreciated. Any early release tips like if it's going to be a video or audio clip, or if it's going to be a close copy or more of a unique rendition? I like videos so that people can also see how your playing guitar at the same time they are hearing it. I've seen guitar playing clips made with an inexpensive webcam. I sorta wish I did that, but for a while there, my PC was giving me fits...

All
    If you have specific struggles with recording or getting your recordings into the PC, let us know about it. Someone might be able to help.

Tip
    Try doing voice recording. Then try doing a recording via line level like from any audio device with a headphones out. If you can do that much, you're most of the way there.
    O0
    Remember, Audacity is a respected (free download) audio recording program.
    ;)

2. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Just so you know, recording into your PC is a good thing.............. :coolsmiley:

3. CAR59

CAR59 Member

If you had been around and knew what you were flapping your gums about youd know that recording to PC SUCKS. Analog is much better.

Nobody wants to play your game because Everyone knows you know nothing. Its as if you dont care that you are forcing yourself on others. That's called RAPE son, and theres a zero tolerance on my internet. Especially the boys.

[Moderators Note: Car59 your actions are totally uncalled for. If you want to disagree with the statements of others, do so by debating the statements and not by antagonistic rhetoric to other members. Second warning]

4. 1Way

1Way Active Member

[quote author=CAR59 link=topic=6896.msg126557#msg126557 date=1154918407]
    If you had been around and knew what you were flapping your gums about youd know that recording to PC SUCKS. Analog is much better.

Nobody wants to play your game because Everyone knows you know nothing. Its as if you dont care that you are forcing yourself on others. That's called RAPE son, and theres a zero tolerance on my internet. Especially the boys.
    [/quote]

You can record analogue, but obviously the distribution medium is the internet via PC's. I'm somewhat a tone purist myself, I need a tube amp or it's just not the same. But when it comes to a beginner or any guitarist who simply wants to improve their guitar playing or kindly help others improve, user friendliness and accessibility is a premium that trumps having the very best gear.

If you want to look down upon and degrade those who would like to interface with others in a group effort toward growing as a guitarist so that you can promote,,, an all analogue signal path, that is your prerogative. For myself, I feel quite blessed to have this digital technology available, and I hope that I will be able to help others in any way I can as others help me as well.

5. CAR59

CAR59 Member

BOY. You just dont get it. If anyone wanted to play in you sandbox you wouldnt be standing there with an empty bucket in you hand. You are obviously crying for attention in here and youre embarrassing yourself.

BUT. When you try to force youself on others it becomes a job for THE LAW. Im here. Im NOT going away.

If you continue to force yourself on others you WILL get your feelings hurt.

[Moderators Note: Member Car59 has bought an all expense paid 10 day visit to the everythingSG cooler. His actions are uncalled for, and the everythingSG staff will not tolorate his behaviour, particularly against other membership.

This Moderator reminds all members that their opinions may be debated on the basis and merit of the opinions expressed, and that attacks against another member will not be tolorated]

6. 1Way

1Way Active Member

[quote author=CAR59 link=topic=6896.msg126564#msg126564 date=1154920740]
    BOY. You just dont get it. If anyone wanted to play in you sandbox you wouldnt be standing there with an empty bucket in you hand. You are obviously crying for attention in here and youre embarrassing yourself.

BUT. When you try to force youself on others it becomes a job for THE LAW. Im here. Im NOT going away.

If you continue to force yourself on others you WILL get your feelings hurt.
    [/quote]

Your trying to force yourself on others. Self contradiction is unappealing nonsense.

7. CAR59

CAR59 Member

SON. Im not forcing myself on others. Im forcing myself ON YOU.

YES. I have chosen your personal thread that nobody is interested in to confront you. YOU have this one chance to mend your ways and STOP inflicting your 6 paragraph jargon all over this forum on subjects that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about or else YOUR FEELINGS WILL GET HURT.

I PROMISE to you that if you speak from personal experience I WILL NOT pull the trigger, but if I see EVEN ONE INSTANCE of you speaking in an authoritive tone on something you know nothing about I WILL. And you WILL NOT LIKE IT!

AM I CLEAR HERE? AM I GOING TO HEAR MORE OF YOUR BACKTALK? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

Im sure youre an OK guy, but you must STOP pretending to know what you obviously do not. DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON SELF-CONTRADICTION!

[Mods note: See above note]

8. 1Way

1Way Active Member

You're posting a thread where people are considerate, reasonable and friendly with others. You posted in a public fashion for all to believe what you say, if you only wanted my attention, you could have PM'd or emailed me privately, so obviously you want your voice to be heard generally and not just by me.

As for you admitting that you are trying to force yourself on me, while I appreciate that you have some level of honesty involved, I am a person other than you, that puts me in the category of "any others than yourself". So when you say, don't force yourself on others, but you force yourself on others, the contradiction is obvious even if you desire to be belligerent about it or not. Ignorance (of the law) is no excuse, you should know better.

Since discussions seem to go nowhere with you but displaying senseless contradictions and personal aggravation, I plainly ask you to stop posting along these personally derogatory lines. If you want to participate in a productive friendly helpful way, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, please allow the topic and focus of this thread to continue without interruption.

9. EL_DIABLO

EL_DIABLO Guest

10. CAR59

CAR59 Member

This is NOT a discussion. This is NOT a dialog. This is ME telling YOU, that nobody on this forum is interested in having YOU act as if you are the WORLDS FOREMOST AUTHORITY and listening to you ANAL RETENTIVE DRIVEL.

I was made aware of this situation only after a certain constituant brought it to my attention that certain new members here had the idea that you actually had experience and knowledge beyond what has been documented in my files.

[size=12pt] [ Moderators Note : Constructive polite debate is acceptable and encouredged on this forum.  Please refrain from personal attacks, derogatory comments and  threats. These ARE the forum rules and if they can't be followed the thread will be locked and the people involved can and will be held responsible. ] [/size]

11. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

:o :o :o :o

12. 1Way

1Way Active Member

[quote author=CAR59 link=topic=6896.msg126578#msg126578 date=1154924597]
    This is NOT a discussion. This is NOT a dialog. This is ME telling YOU, that nobody on this forum is interested in having YOU act as if you are the WORLDS FOREMOST AUTHORITY and listening to you ANAL RETENTIVE DRIVEL.

I was made aware of this situation only after a certain constituant brought it to my attention that certain new members here had the idea that you actually had experience and knowledge beyond what has been documented in my files.

[/quote]

My words and actions are recorded for all to see. If a new member who has not taken the time to familiarize themselves with my approach by reading the many posts involved yet has an ill view of my approach, let him or her present the case. I'd be happy to try to clarify or help in any way possible. I even constructed the title of my website and the descriptive moto in order to clarify my desire to promote the growing process in a fun friendly group environment. "It's a user group, like jam night with friends" but with a focus on growing as a guitarist, not just showing off what you know. I like it when people jam together, and if some teaching/learning happens on a voluntary basis, then I think that is awesome, I think that is at the heart of what I'd like to see happen here or at my BARGUG site.

If you have something that can help me or others, then I'm all for it. If I have something that can help others, then that's cool too. It's not a pay site, it's not primarily a teacher/pupil site, it's what I have consistently described it as being. And it's a bit of a failure so far. I am quite willing to learn if I stand to improve my approach. And I am quite willing to let it die if others are not interested in what I am promoting. In fact, I stated as much very recently. It was the effort of a few faithful people that is keeping it going. And who knows, maybe after I settle down and start doing some of my own learning and growing, maybe that will help inspire others to join in the process.

Please stop making sweeping generalizations and gross personal insults. No one likes a complainer. No one likes their personal interests and pursuits being openly degraded.

I am asking a reasonable thing. I'm asking for reasons why people are not getting involved. Maybe most guitarists just simply do not prefer to improve their guitar playing skills in the manner in which I presume to be fun and profitable. That's fine with me. Whatever the reason is, I just would like to know what it is. That can not rightly be misconstrued as me forcing my view upon others.

13. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

1Way, old buddy.... you have a knack of bringing out the best in people
    ;D ;D

14. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

DAng! sorry man.....how rude of me......

welcome to the forums diablo!! :evil:

15. aisuru

aisuru Member

oi, CAR59, i was just wondering why you're acting like a total dickhead?

16. EL_DIABLO

EL_DIABLO Guest

[quote author=skidshark link=topic=6896.msg126608#msg126608 date=1154939494]
    DAng! sorry man.....how rude of me......

welcome to the forums diablo!! :evil:
    [/quote]

17. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Thanks for the support Aisuru. I guess some folks aren't happy unless they are climbing over someone's case. 

As for myself, I have a handy habit of first trying to approach the other party who I may be having some level of difficulty with BEFORE cop'ing an attitude against them. But I imagine you noticed that about me... I do appreciate the voice of opposition.

18. *ess*

*ess* Member

whats going on in here?

19. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Hey ESS! How's it going bud. I'm back on the road again driving truck. Currently laid over for the weekend in Seattle area. Last weekend it was just south of Vegas for 2 days. CLOTHS ARE CHEAP OUT THERE. LOL

Finally got internet, first time in like 2 weeks. Ugh!!! Good seeing you again.  8)

20. *ess*

*ess* Member

yeh doing good here. got a mobile/satellite connection in that cab? ;D