Boss JS-10

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by living room rocker, May 13, 2018.

1. living room rocker

living room rocker Member

Contemplating buying a Boss JS-10 to use as a practice aid w/o having to own a whole gamut of gear. It's advertised as kind of a self contained effects, speaker system, and music file player all in one. Strictly for practice at home in a small room environment. Anybody have any experience to shed; would be very much appreciated.

2. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Active Member

I test drove a used one once, I thought it wouls be very practical if it were cheaper. I would have bought it except the man advertised 75$ but after testing it he said he wanted $150. What's a poor boy to do? You cant drop bombs like that on low income people.

3. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a US price of $399.oo at S.W.
    Here a vid of a shredder laying it down to several tracks...

Here's a Herman Li breakdown of this little gem...

Hey man, honestly it looks & sounds impressively awesome in these demos & if you got the cash... it is sure to keep you interested in practicing, driven to learn songs & guitar parts & maybe most important of all this may just be the gem of a tool that keeps you inspired to keep playing, practicing, growing & perfecting your playing skills for hours a day!

So if you got the cash & are a good study on these electronic interactive gadgets (hey, some just aint) then I say Hellz yeah! Go grab yerself one & let the fun begin!

4. Relic61

I had to check out the Boss GT 100 pedal that is said to be the COSM programs that the JS-10 uses & that seems really cool for getting some great programed tones & effects as well.

It's $100 more new but I'm seeing them used on ebay for $350 or so.

Now, if I had to choose one or the other & would personally have to go with the GT 100 pedal simply because I could make more use of it & have been playing for 45+ years & often literally practicing for hours a day so it would make more practical sense for me.

But, if you are starting out on your guitar playing / learning journey, or have been didlin & fiddlin around with guitar for a couple of years & are in need of that inspirational tool to help you make some leaps & bounds in your playing ability...then I might lean more towards telling you to get the eBand JS-10 because that just might be the right thing for you. Unless.... you are a lazy unmotivated punk that thinks a new gimmick is all you need to be awesome. Ha! (you know who you are!!!) That my friends only comes with hours of practice & dedication toward learning guitar!

But, if that eBand JS-10 keeps you interested & practicing more, well then, I guess it will have done you some good no matter how you look at it!

Ah, maybe we need a BOSS GT-100 thread eh??:cool:

living room rocker likes this.
  5. living room rocker

living room rocker Member

Thanks for the feedback Relic61. I'm 59, recently retired, and a year and a half into taking up guitar playing. My practice routine starts in front of the TV around 5am. I turn on the amp, pull up YouTube music videos on the TV and practice by playing along; loving it! Volume turned super low of course, so not to wake the wife. I'm not wanting to invest heavily yet in lots of pedals and such, so this looked like a self contained do all unit that'll meet my needs and also has a headphone jack. I'm thinking I can rock out and practice w/o waking the wife. I see you're a mountain man.

6. Relic61

Ya man, the JS-10 should fit the bill for ya brotha. It has a min-jack AUX in & you could also hook whatever else up to a 1/4 jack & use the 2nd guitar input.

upload_2018-5-15_15-25-28.png

I mention that because you like the YouTube thang so, you can still use that with the JS-10 using the headphone out of your computer or TV (these newer TV actually have internet access & a YouTube Channel / Program! Crazy right? Point is you should be golden with this amazing little player tool.

Being you are 59 (only 2 older than me) I'll go out on a limb and say you obviously have the cashola to spend on this little gem so hellz yeah. Get this baby, get further inspired & get your guitar game growing & going forward in a positive direction.

Why yes I is an upstate NY mountain dwellin country boy. Actually grew up at the foot of those Purple & Blue-ish Catskills looking at Woodstock's Overlook Mountain & West Saugerties Platt Clove / High Peak & further north to North Point & Stoppel Point before everything take a Westward hook out of our sight in the valley.

Spent free time fishing, hiking & camping up in those mountains I loved to look at everyday so it only seemed right we move up there after I retired. I can happily say I feel blessed, life is good & we have a lot to be thankful for. But it took a lot of 'life' to get from there to here & I'm just glad we made it through all that living to end up here.

Anyway, visited some real mountains last year in Colorado spending time at 10-13 thousand feet trying to breath normal & not pass out! lol Ya, them is some real mountains bruddah!

7. GrumpyOldDBA

GrumpyOldDBA Active Member

You may want to look at boss katana air about to ship. Its bluetooth everything including transmitter from guitar with no delay.

Im waiting to buy one.