BWG Las Vegas now in stock!

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by Horax, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Horax

Horax Active Member

Check out www.blakewrightguitars.com

These will be on the website within 24 hours as they just arrived.
    Solid mahogany bodies, set neck, rosewood fretboard, bound necks, quilted tops, newly designed headstock with tulip tuners. Logo is now slightly slanted as opposed to flat horizontal. Pickups are standard ceramic humbuckers, but can be upgraded if desired as long as what you want is in stock.

$235 plus $30 shipping, CO has to pay tax.

Check these out!
    IMG_3095.JPG IMG_3096.JPG IMG_3091.JPG IMG_3092.JPG IMG_3093.JPG IMG_3094.JPG

Voxman, Yes G and KidRockFan like this.
  2. KidRockFan

KidRockFan Member

Those are stunningly beautiful...

Voxman and Horax like this.
  3. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

looks interesting... how about more details on them? What is the country of origin and can you show a pic of the electronics cavity so we see what is under the hood? What pickup upgrade options are there and what is the wood used on it?

Horax likes this.
  4. Horax

Horax Active Member

these are all mahogany, set neck...made in China from a very well known manufacturer that does high quality work.

I will get a pic of the insides this evening.

I need to check my inventory of pickups. Normally I carry two types of humbuckers but I know inventory is low right now.
    BWG Warbeast A5 high gain alnicos
    BWG Warlord A3 alnicos

Awesome sounding all around.

All my pickups are hand wound in Korea. I wind a few here, send them to Korea and have them clone them with hand winding as well. It's cheaper that way and far less time consuming.

Yes G likes this.
  5. Horax

Horax Active Member

full size pots and quick connect!

[​IMG]

6. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

looks like that might compete nicely with the Epiphone line. Course it all comes down to how it plays and sounds. Someone needs to try one and report back to see how they play. I'd be curious how it compares to the epiphone G400. I will say the quilted tops look nice.

7. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Sounds too good to be true! Especially if they play like " butter" out of the box

Horax likes this.
  8. Yes G

Yes G Active Member

I can vouch for the quality/$ of the BWG guitars. I purchased this Santa Fe model (a B-Stock that had a blem so small that I can't even remember where it is).

After the B-Stock discount I paid $185.00 + shipping for it. It has a solid Mahogany body, Nitrocellulose finish, Set Mahogany neck, Rosewood fretboard, and nicely dressed frets.
    The guitar is balanced and light (around 6.5 pounds) and it is a seriously fun guitar that feels great to play. I don't know Blake personally and have never spoke to him on the phone but I've now bought 5 guitars from him and consider the BWGs as fun and affordable guitars for modders. I also own one of his Malibus and have ordered a Las Vegas.

BWB Santa Fe 2017 001.jpg BWB Santa Fe 2017 002.jpg BWB Santa Fe 2017 006.jpg BWB Santa Fe 2017 021.jpg

Horax likes this.
  9. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

They are lookers that's for sure. But ... look at the neck pup on the white SG on the website. Strings are way off the pup poles on the bass side. String gap seem too tight at the neck pup on the others. Probably the same with the white one, just a different angle view in the photo.

10. Horax

Horax Active Member

to be honest, the pictures were not taken straight on with the body. They were quick shots that I took at about 1:00 am.

If you look at the red one, they are aligned perfectly with the pickup poles.

I can take other photos if anybody wants.

11. Yes G

Yes G Active Member

Great job on this new series Blake. I received my Green Godzilla late yesterday and I'm impressed with the overall quality and also super happy that it weighs in at six and a half pounds, (within an ounce of my 2013 Gibson Std). I could tell by your videos that the bodies are a bit thicker than the typical Gibson or Epiphone so I was a little concerned it would be a heavy beast, but it’s not, it's nice and light and really well balanced. The neck is set one fret deeper into the body so the neck dive is quite a bit less than my Gibsons too. Looking forward to messing with it this weekend.

BWG-LV-GG-001.jpg BWG-LV-GG-002.jpg BWG-LV-GG-006.jpg BWG-LV-GG-005.jpg BWG-LV-GG-004.jpg BWG-LV-GG-003.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  12. Yes G

Yes G Active Member

When you make a new batch, it'd be great if the pickguards were optional like you are doing with the new run of Santa Fe guitars. I think that no pickguard works really well with these. I removed the screw-holes on this pic. Also have the selector switch moved North a bit.

BWG-LV-GG-007.jpg

13. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

Dang I keep running into these... NICE!

14. Yes G

Yes G Active Member

I restrung it last night and found that the pickups are Epiphone branded humbuckers of some type.

Pickups in BWG Las Vegas - Godzilla.jpg

15. Tonerider

Tonerider Member

The Gibson SG has an incredible design, I have a problem with SG-like guitars . The red Double Cut - PRS looks better imo

16. Yes G

Yes G Active Member

Here's how the Red version looks. It's much more towards a wine red than Blake's original pics. We changed the pickguard.

Red SG 3.jpg

Red SG 1.jpg

Red SG 2.jpg

17. DrBGood

Like the Epiphone G400 ?

18. DrBGood

I find the combination of the string through concept and nice top veneer, would profit of less visual interference as the pickguard and poker chip. This would further set this guitar apart from the run of the mill SG, not a bad thing.

Yes G likes this.
  19. Yes G

Yes G Active Member

I think these guitars look great without pickguards. My wife and I were experimenting with finish ideas using the Godzilla Green guitar and liked these two as alternate finishes.

Finish idea for Las Vegas -1 - Cousteau.jpg Finish idea for Las Vegas - 2 Root Beer Barrel.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 11:51 PM
  20. DrBGood