Carved Top SG Reviews/info?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by TomMN, Feb 28, 2020.

1. TomMN

TomMN New Member

Hey all, brand new to the forums here!

Recently I’ve been pretty obsessed with the 2009 autumn burst carved top SG due to mindless Reverb scrolling. In trying to do some research I’ve found very little in terms of quality reviews or demonstrations and I definitely haven’t been able to find one in any Minnesota stores. Ideally I would love to play one before dropping that kind of cash so if anyone knows of one near Minnesota let me know, otherwise any first person reviews or demonstrations in English would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I play exclusively in open e for a lot of slide and Derek Trucks style playing. So that has been another issue of trying to find any videos in a more bluesy style.

Thanks, and I look forward to perusing the boards!

2. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Active Member

I've got a 2008 Diablo and assuming they didn't start drinking heavily at Gibson the year after (which perhaps wouldn't surprise anyone given the apparent workplace vibe) I'd venture a guess that the guitar you're looking at is a damn killer, like mine. Sounds bitchin, plays bitchin and looks supremely bitchin. Hope you find one to play! On a personal note, I think the flame tops look silly but that one kicks!

3. Dagger

Dagger Member

From what I've seen the carved top SGs are top notch, wish I could afford one but I'm not about to sell a kidney! Hope you get your hands on one