CAT 5

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Voxman, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

I'm on the beach facing a cat 5 so I probably won't be around even more than before! Here's a cut n paste off of what I put in all my frequent Forums, of cause under all different monikers!
    Well only the ones that matter...…
    Not posted to get sympathy but just to inform!

Yesterday at 11:51 AM
    The forecast now calls for the eye 60 miles off shore … which can change at any moment. I might rent a 28 foot truck,fill it and drive it to Orlando and stay in a place w a full kitchen as I have enough food for easily a week but anything can change at any moment and a mandatory evacuation starts now. Still have to go to my daughters house and board it up!

Today at 10:30 AM
    Im trying to rent a truck right now .. all "valuables " will be in it cept house stuff, that's if a truck is available! the tidal surge on top of a "king Tide" will or can wash the beach communities. gotta get a 20' uhaul find an inland location to park it. Ang get my truck outta here with critters

Today at 3:30 PM
    Got the truck, the ramp fits right over the front door threshold! I'm goin to Suntree to park the truck as it's gated …. but I want to take the 40 gts and put the guitars inside at the house were staying at. The girl that lives there by herself was ecstatic as she had to stay by herself …. generator and gas w/ 10 days of good eating and of course enough beer to kill an elephant, or three, oh, and my gas grill w be going too !

I'm now asking myself, do I really need 3 PA systems? @ 65? Am I Possessed by guit music? Yeppers that's it,

2. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, helping a friend design a knitting machine
    I'm surprised you are so concerned by some Ethernet cable :)

Good luck though - hunker down and ride it out. What survives survives - you have insurance for the rest.

Worblehat and Voxman like this.
  3. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Good luck with everything!

Be careful, and stay safe my friend :)

Voxman likes this.
  4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Good luck !

You could drive up to Québec and ask for naturalisation. Good music scene and cheap môney for you.

... and never hurricanes.

Voxman likes this.
  5. Voxman

But every winter in NY I worked outside and have had frostbite a couple of times! As you get older it turns in nerve damage in hands and feet. But being young I was happy to do it as I made $$$$.

We get too young old and too old smart!

arcticsg and DrBGood like this.
  6. fernieite

fernieite New Member

Hey Voxman,
    I hope you guys make it out ok. Looks like a terrifying storm man! :wow:

Voxman likes this.
  7. Voxman

The Prime Minister of Bahamas said on the tele-caster that " We have seen many bad storms, but this is storm we've never have seen before "
    Maybe the next band we'll have to call the Cat 5's .
    Most Amps have been loaded into the truck already, guits ready to go

8. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Be safe.

9. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Good thoughts from Cali.

10. Voxman

CYA later, I'm going to Suntree, off the beach side n just outside flood zones. but the dumb broad who lives there didn't know to board up! Another improvise and adapt thingy. If that doesn't work I head west to Orlando , one hour, get on I4 West, 1 1/2 hrs, and go to this Clearwater farm house witch is on 3 acres w/ a lake ! I have a small arsenal with me all loaded with one in the pipe, safety on, and I do know I won't need them but just in case having an option I would otherwise not have make me calm'r, defense only! Right now it's a bright sunny summer day, little breeze, and humid. It's just hard to believe that could change soon! Spoke to PD and they seem to have everything worked out very logically, and checked with them about the firearms, they said I'm cool, so no worries!
    Peace out Bro's the puter's going down now!
    Kind Regards to all

11. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

You expect this ?

[​IMG]
    Or that ?

[​IMG]

Voxman and Worblehat like this.
  12. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Just spoke with my cousin in Clearwater where it's light overcast , NNE wind about 6mph and 80°f. He reached out to friends nearer the coast to offer shelter, but doesn't know if they're coming or not. He keeps a full pantry at all times, just in case.

Voxman likes this.
  13. Voxman

Well if he played an instrument we'd easily get along. Where the farm house is, 3 acres w/a lake behind the Dimmitt dealership(s) off 19N. Previously, Stayed there for a year and had the most fun I've had in my 66 years! Till nephew Mike got drunk, broke our self imposed rules of no hard stuff, didn't use uber , which was also a self imposed rule and rolled his old truck, punched out 60 over, 350, w/ a 396 rear, 6 times on 19N! We had to leave Clearwater after that as my wife n Mike were very close growing up and she was inconsolable. That said, I rented a 28 foot truck and packed up most of my musical stuff, 10 days of good eatin food ,water and beer but decided to wait it out till the last second to leave, but the erratic Cat 5 stalled near Boca Raton bout 70 miles off the coast. After a day of moving one mile an hour an upper front moved down and probably gave it a slight push east so the eye road the coast appx 75/100 miles off shore but/as a storm spinning in place draws more strength as it went to Cat 5. If I had to leave I/we could be in Orlando in an hour and Clearwater 2 hrs later! At the end of the experience we did not have to go. Storm just past, 60/80 Kts and torrential rain. So were lucked out, I learned many life lessons and questioned at almost 66 do I really need 3 PA systems w/ monitors? at the end when I locked the truck up my legs gave out and I caught myself falling down, knees killing me and the neurorrhaphy kickin in bad. Bahamas got hit directly w/ Cat 5 and almost completely destroyed! We,re fine, life is good! Thank God I gotta hit the hay now! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Biddlin likes this.
  14. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Glad you're OK.