Cheers from western New York

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Daniel O'Hare, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Daniel O'Hare

Daniel O'Hare New Member

Aloha, just found this site. Looks like a righteous SG hangout. Been playing guitar since '79 but recently took an unplanned break from playing and am now getting back into it, almost from square one. The night of this past Valentine's day was walking on the side of the road near home and got hit from behind by a drunk driver. He split the scene and left me laying there with a fractured skull. 5 months in the hospital until July and I hadn't touched a guitar in all that time. Memory of everything I used to play is real spotty and the calluses on my fingertips were completely gone after 40 years. Complete noob again it seems. Asshat that hit me was caught and his future ain't looking too good. Anyway, enough about that crap, got a brand new Gibson SG here, my third SG over the years. Got the first one in Memphis back in '86 for $250. Let that go for more than I paid for it because I had to move in a hurry (military) and had no time to ship it home. Was an older guitar even then. Got another about 20 years ago but I cannot recall what I did with that one, spotty memory from the T.B.I. I do remember the serial #, was 000XXX so likely late 60's? Had a tremelo on it too but I can't recall what that type is called, not the sideways one (again memory gone from T.B.I.). Bought a brand new Gibson SG last week at Guitar Center for a shade more than my first one cost. The second one was some kind of trade but I can't recall the details. All three coincidentally had the large batwing pickguard. First two had Klusons, this new one has Grovers. Really can't plug it in and wail though, my hearing is fried with tinnitus from the skull fracture but my audiologist is confident it will get better with time. Can cheat a bit with my Rockman headphone amp with the headphones slid back off my ears. Anyway, good looking website y'all got here, Cheers :)

2. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the board! [​IMG]

Congratulations on your new SG. [​IMG]

3. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Sounds terrible what you've gone through. I hope you will fully recover and be able to enjoy your new SG.
    What model did you get?