constant logging in when already logged in

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Relic61, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Hello hello, Does anybody else experience the issue of being told they must log in to post even though they are currently logged in? Sometimes it is accompanied by something about a newer opening of the page since logging in or whatever and I will sometimes loose hours of work I may have been compiling for a post. I've since taken to copying everything I'm working on but the issue of having to re=log in before nearly every post despite being logged in & seeing my name in the upper right as being logged in.

Is there a good reason for this? I would like to log in once and know that I am not going to loose the work put into a well thought out post that I've collected pictures for, spell checked and basically spent time & effort putting together.

Anybody have some insight or cure for this problem? Thanks.

2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Might be a browser default setting or a full cache(cookies), but I'm no IT guy . Could, of course , be a hiccup with the site !

3. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

I've noticed that if I open a new tab, and wander off
    for a while, maybe distracted by a youtube vid, or looking
    for an image of an 1872 SG Deluxe that someone thinks
    they might have, I have to log in again.

There used to be a tick box when logging in that said "Keep
    me logged in".

4. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue right after the big change over with the new forum owner but now I use the "'keep me logged in" setting and tell my browser that this site is safe and it solved those problems for me.

5. Relic61

Here's the message I got 3 times in a row trying to post last. I can see logged in as Relic61 above the typing space as well as welcome Relic61 in the right hand corner prior to hitting submit reply. What do I need to check or change to get this to stop. If the page tells me I'm logged in, I know I've logged in myself, what is the problem? Anyone??

Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window

heppme heppme..somebody heppme!!

6. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Please make sure you click on the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging in next time. That should keep you from getting auto-logged out.

If that doesn't work, then check your browser's cookie settings.

7. Relic61

Copy that. I will make sure that its done. I believe that it wasn't being done prior too so lets hope for the best. My last post was put up quickly before I read anything while I still had the exact words in copy to paste just so I could show you guys what was being given as one explanation for what was happening. Hopefully checking the remember me keep me logged in box does it & I dont have to eat cookies when typing because I dont see how I can eat & type at the same time plus I dont like the crumbs on the keyboard. Yes I'm kiddin.

Thank you for the help everyone of you.

8. gtone

gtone Well-Known Member

I get that message every time I go to post with an attachment (very frustrating if you have a long post!). I find if I hit the "Go Advanced" tab at the bottom, it let's me post without re-logging in, however.