Coronavirus (Covid-19) affecting you any?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Bonzo21, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

So much angst over a preening parrot?

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Yeah, but when the parrot shits on your deck all the time, got to get rid of him.

He should change his name for COVID. It would better explain why we all put him in quarantine.

SGfan84 likes this.
  3. SGfan84

SGfan84 New Member

There's a few morons over here who would do well with a good whack upside the head - know it alls, low tolerance for others opinions, rudeness - that includes some who just replied to this thread (cough cough @Biddlin ) I see threads and threads full of this nonsense - but the funny part is when you see how old they are... age must truly get the best of these fools

4. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

Dble

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

Are you born like this or you had a stroller accident when you were a kid?...

:D :rofl: :cool:

Dagger likes this.
  6. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Well-Known Member

This morning all the theaters announced that they are closed for the duration.

Bob

7. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

It looks like it will soon be emergency law here for all over-70s to self-isolate - that's me. £1,000 fine and possible detention for transgression. This is a ridiculous piece of law that isn't going to work. The infrastructure doesn't exist to supply food and medicines to everyone confined at home, particularly as they are going to have to guarantee a virus-free handling chain for it to make sense.

And isolation itself only makes sense if there is a vaccine at the end of it. If they simply end self-isolation the infection will simply start up a again in all these fresh, non-immune victims.

8. rotorhead

rotorhead Well-Known Member

I work in the airline industry so...yeah lol. Not so good right now. It hasn't really affected me personally yet, but it's coming.

9. Biddlin

1cv1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Dagger, Voxman and rotorhead like this.
  10. donepearce

11. Tiboy

Tiboy Member

Yes, I’m a bit of a gym rat. Gym is now closed. I do law enforcement and mental health worker training. Classes have been cancelled as has my pay for conducting the training.

12. Biddlin

1cv1.jpg
    Now?

donepearce likes this.
  13. Biddlin

This "self isolation" is probably easier for the retired and semi-retired members as we are self isolated much of the time anyway.

Voxman and TChalms like this.
  14. donepearce

Now I know it is serious. The Eurovision Song Contest has been cancelled. The UK is denied its customary last place. Our song writers really ought to learn how to write cheesy Europop instead of the decent stuff they normally turn out.

Gahr, Biddlin and TChalms like this.
  15. TChalms

TChalms New Member

In Oregon schools, libraries, restaurants, and probably some other places that I can't remember are closed. I do the IT for a small family practice doctor's office (plus other small businesses.) I work at the doctors' office about 5 hours a week, and a lot of it I can do remotely, but lately the number of things to do onsite has bumped up significantly - they want to be sure that everyone can work from home if necessary. I usually love going in there, but it gives me the creeps now with everyone wearing masks. So far none of the patients have had Covid-19 -- yet. If a total shutdown happens I can work from home (and play guitar). Fortunately, I'm a severe introvert, so being able to work and play guitar is all good. I bought a bundle of TP at Costco about a year ago, so I'm good for another year or so.

Biddlin likes this.
  16. Biddlin

Just read an Email from a friend who is quarantined in a hotel with a bunch of cretins who's religion proscribes medical treatment. For four days two of them have been loudly praying in the hallway outside of his room day and night, after being asked politely to cease, until last night. He used the instant decaf packet, a packet of ketchup and a cup of hot water to mix up some "repellent." He opened the door and tossed it on them. Of course hotel management and two deputies showed up to hassle him. He responded with, "what are you gonna do, throw me out?" He has been left in peace since.

Gahr and Voxman like this.
  17. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

:rofl:

18. donepearce

Fortunately when religion assumes that form, in the long run it is a self-curing form of insanity. OK, not exactly self-curing, but the problem goes away for everyone else.

19. donepearce

Just heard. English schools closed until further notice from Friday.

20. Westernrider

Westernrider Active Member

My neighbor is the IT director of a local 100 bed hospital. The management decided all shall use the same door to enter and exit.

He was posted outside the exit at 0630 in the morning. Most staffers complied with little or no bitching. Time rolled to on the about 0730, and after the fourth 'F___ -_f' from the staff, he decided to abandon his post and get his fire extinguisher to assist in putting out the day's fires.