Coronavirus (Covid-19) affecting you any?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Bonzo21, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Greg Coats

Greg Coats New Member

Same with the schools in Florida at least in my area unfortunately people are still running to the stores in mass to buy up all the TP and canned goods so lets risk the disease for ass comfort? "People are Strange......"

2. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

When Trump doesn' t want to see the reality about the coronavirus ...

Temp 4130.jpg

3. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

There is no need to hoard toilet paper

Biddlin likes this.
  4. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Active Member

Yes, sorry, rheumatoid arthritis. Here a link for other information:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/reg...trials-to-treat-severe-covid-19-symptoms.html

I have been reading further info about this virus for weeks, things are evolving really fast and I don't know if this link is current. I know only that in China docs discovered that this cure gave good results, expecially for patients who had a more serious effect of coronavirus. Then in Italy, actual second for number of infected and deaths, docs tried the same kind of drug and also there it gave a positive feedback.
    I read from an Italian website that 8/11 patients get better with this anti-arthritis drug. They started on the 14th of March the tests with Tocilizumab one in Naples. Here an interesting website in Italian about that (I'm searching info from Italy because it has been one of the firsts to start and to give official results):
    https://www.nextquotidiano.it/tocilizumab-cura-coronavirus/
    Sorry if you need to translate...

Here, in English, another one which describes better the cure, if you don't want to read the Italian one:
    https://www.triesteallnews.it/2020/03/14/coronavirus-will-tocilizumab-be-the-drug-of-hope/

However, there are other countries, in Europe and not, that seem to have found a cure. You can spend a whole day reading them and probabily don't finish.

Hola Vibrola likes this.
  5. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Not true at all. Some early testing is being done with Tocilizumab along with at least 60 other drugs and reformulated cocktails but ALL HAVE SIGNIFICANT SIDE EFFECTS AND NONE HAVE BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED. NONE ARE CURES. Some may mitigate the symptoms. The countries where the infection rate has slowed have all found isolation of the infected to be the most effective treatment, so far. This isn't going to go away quickly.

RhinestoneStrat likes this.
  6. donepearce

Mitigation of symptoms is a good thing - it allows you to build your own immune response without the inconvenience of dying while doing it. And the more people who are actually immune, the better chance we have of building real herd immunity. Isolation of the infectious is very much second best in that regard. In some ways isolation of the healthy, which many of us are doing, is a better strategy. The problem is in judging when it is safe to go back in the water (cue the jaws theme)

7. Biddlin

Anecdotally, I have been testing the theory that quinine is effective in mitigating the symptoms and spread of the virus by prophylactic use of tonic water combined with 40% grain alcohol (gin) t.i.d. and feel fine. (2:5 gin to tonic)

RhinestoneStrat and donepearce like this.
  8. Hola Vibrola

Hola Vibrola Member

Thanks very much for these links, I look fwd to reading them all. Watching Trump and company on today's presser right mow and the questions and discussion of possible drug options are a total cluster f of information/misinformation.

9. Spiral

Spiral Member

It's affecting my blood pressure and temper, waking up hearing 600 more Italians have died overnight - only to read (even in this thread) leftists with their poisonous narrative trying to stymie blame from the culprit culture, practices and country of origin, to the President of a different country, to suit their petty hatred towards a certain man.

I know people here in NZ who've now lost their jobs over this, having to cut hours and even days off their working week to lesser extents.

Try blaming the vile CCP for their inadequate action, and the putrid traits of their people.

10. donepearce

The idea of a culture being responsible for a viral illness is remarkable, to say the least. The only thing a culture has responsibility for is its response to the disease. That will be evidenced by the way it curtails - or doesn't curtail - the exponentiation of infection. The president of El Salvador did it right. He closed his borders before there was a reported case in the country. Everyone else seems to have bolted the stable door after the infected horse had got in. That comparison could have been better, but never mind.

11. Spiral

Spiral Member

If Trump did that, he would've been labelled everything related to xenophobia and prejudice under the sun.

Culture is relevant. Their culture is to " save face", whether that is social or political.

12. donepearce

If Trump did what?

13. Spiral

Spiral Member

Closed the OPEN boarders after the first cases showed up in Washington state.

El Salvador... yeah, like they have or need similar boarder securities and control.

14. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

How do you like that douchebag ?

Guy comes back from skiing with family in Austria. Gets really sick, then gets tested and is COVID-19 positive. He even passed out, has a brain concussion and all. Gets interviewed on TV.

Next morning, he feels better and goes to the liquor store to get a case of wine. One cashier thinks he recognises the guy, looks up security tapes with co-workers and they all recognise him form the news bit.

Store is now closed with all employees on quarantine because of this asshole !

15. Biddlin

Without naming names, the idea that this pandemic is political is idiotic. The idea that it is manufactured is idiotic. The idea that if we just go on with our usual routine is idiotic. Listen to your local authorities, avoid large gatherings and close contact for the next several weeks. If you are not a medical professional, stop offering medical opinions, make yourself a nice drink and snack and try to relax.

16. Biddlin

Hint for older guys:
    smbid.jpg
    If you're feeling like you have a ratchet strap across your chest and it takes you a couple of minutes to recover from taking a drink,
    Blue suit daddy.jpg
    shave, comb your hair and put on your Sunday suit. It'll save your family and the mortician a lot of grief and time.
    Laugh damn it, it's funny!

17. Dagger

Dagger Member

I went and registered COVID-19 as a band name for a side project with my son "and hell yes it's a punk band" at first I joked about it then after a thinking about it I said f@ck it might as well before someone else beats me to the punch, hell it worked for Anthrax so why not. And now for the irony I'm pretty sure my whole house hold has contracted the virus for the last few days we have all been coughing had fevers and shortness of breath, I sat up most of Thursday coughing to the point of vomiting when I did sleep I fell somewhere between sleep and hallucinations, I believe my six year old may have had some similar experiences because he was talking in his sleep and sleep walked into the living room dropped his pants and almost pissed on the sofa mistaking it for the toilet, we luckely stopped him in time and got him to the bathroom his eyes were wide open the whole time! The next morning when we talked to him about it he though we were making it up and had no recollection of it. So my wife, my sons and I are self quarantined if it's the virus it seems to be breaking up and if all goes well I still plan on using COVID-19 as a band name after all of this crazy sh1t how could I not.

Biddlin and PixMix like this.
  18. PixMix

PixMix Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you and family are better, and what a great idea for punk band name.

Dagger likes this.
  19. Biddlin

You could get small bottles of hand sanitizer and relabel them as promotional tools!
    1assburn.jpg
    With all of the excess sunshine being blown up my backside, I have reformulated the balm.
    1 new bbb.jpg
    Protect yourselves from solar butt burn!

RhinestoneStrat and Dagger like this.
  20. Hola Vibrola

Hola Vibrola Member

My wife just got the call this AM that her workplace is now shut down. My son got the same call for his job last week.

Governor Cuomo's update TV spot today included a prediction for 80% of all New Yorkers to test positive before this is over. My wife's 85-year old mother is on Long Island, and her brother and family are just north of NYC.

Stay well, be smart all!

Biddlin likes this.