Coronavirus (Covid-19) affecting you any?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Bonzo21, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

From a senior friend in Davis, CA:
    "Because going out of the house is inevitable from time to time for shopping, we have cleared a “transition zone” from outside to the inside of our home. Ours is a screened-in room/laundry room. It consists of a hanger for jackets near the entrance, a sink with hand soap, bleach, towels, and a laundry basket for our outdoor clothing. While this may seem like overkill, we are both at risk on the basis of age…"
    Do all social distancing and sterilizing and hope for the best.

Hola Vibrola likes this.
  2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Other than everybody staying home, nope not affecting us at all.

3. sazista

sazista Active Member

Well, good to hear from you all and your dealings in our 'new world'. Back here in Chile, it's the same. The curfew from 10p - 5am just went into effect today. At least the air quality is better in Santiago. I am affected in many ways: Not being able to teach my classes, kids at home, and struggling on how to read the 300 messages a day from frustrated parents about how to upload docs, find homework, where to send it, blah, blah, then keeping up with contant sanitizing. The partner works in a hospital that just quarantined 30 workers , with 1 positive. She has to be in our bedroom alone everyday and I with the kids, but we keep a distance. The only thing that keeps my mind off is stuff like this, at night, while they are all in bed. I can look at the 2020 Epiphone SG Classic in GREEEEEENNN!! I get all slobbery until I snap out of it and realize that it doesn't fricken matter, and nobody really cares about it anyway, with all that is happening. My life is all about how not to be infected and in turn, infect my wonderful kids, who are taking it all in stride. My pedal board sits in it's case, haven't played in a month. I went to the supermarket today and stood in line outside for about 30 minutes. There are many people that aren't taking this seriously and are just 'vacationing' in the parks, beach, just like in the US. It's sickening. My band is on hold, as is everyone's band in the world! We have to get through this ****. My biggest musical outlet now is to play my Madeira acoustic (I posted something about it in the threads last month) tuned to C# F# C# F#F# C#. I absolutely love it, as it gives me exactly the sound of what I am experiencing now in my life. I'll never go back to standard tuning on this thing. Anyhow, that is how this is all affecting this guitarist, situated in Santiago. Look forward to hearing more from you all. Abrazos. Take care. Drink hot teas, wash everything and well, take a guitar break when you can.

SatansGwitar likes this.
  4. Spiral

Spiral Member

All non essential services shut down in NZ. I'm off work for a month.

5. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 New Member

Can't find a dry bean to save my life. So hoarding going on here in NEW Mexico USA.

Guitar Center is closed, it's the only one in the state. I was laid off in Jan and unemployment insurance for the next two weeks is not requiring us to look for work, though I do online anyway. Luckily, I was recently hired by a company that allows me to work remote, I start on April 13th. Thankful I can get a job AND work remote!

In the mean time I'm selling my house, the realtor said that he doesn't see an issue with selling the house, but he is unsure of the timeliness of the banks if they decide to close or limit hours. He was concerned about people willing to go out and look at houses during this time.

Since I was laid off I realized having a lot of stuff wasn't so important. So I've been selling a bunch of things as I clear out the house. I have a very expensive Taylor guitar that I'm selling for $6K. The guy went to get the cash out of his bank and they have a $5k limit now.

I have been staying home for the most part, only going out when I need something, like boxes and tape to put my stuff in. Been cooking at home.

I'm concerned about the short term ability for our health care system to handle this virus and the long term effect on all of us and our economy. I'm not panicking, but what I'm seeing is worrisome.

6. SatansGwitar

SatansGwitar Member

Yup as of today, I'm officially unemployed. Guess I'll have more time to wrestle my pretty axes maybe record some tunes.

7. Dagger

Dagger Member

Here in Canada the province of Ontario has order the shut down of all non essential businesses so as a concrete precaster I'm laid off as is my eldest son "my right hand man". But the beer stores ,liquor stores and canabis retailers are open so life goes on haha!

8. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Same in Québec ... essential services they say. good enough for me.

Dagger likes this.
  9. sazista

sazista Active Member

and Frump says he wants to see the US back to work by Easter, and that the social distancing is hurting the economy? Dude, is this ass-hat on mushrooms? What is he smoking? How can I even THINK about being musical with such idiocy? Let's all keep safe and to ourselved as much as possible, or none of anything will matter anymore.
    Cheers. ​

Attached Files:

10. Piper68Special

Piper68Special Member

In addition to touring with my very niche-market band I teach the bagpipe-mostly on line. Last week was actually good as one time students returned now that they had time at home. I'm now starting to have some students cancel due to lack of income as they are furloughed. I'm planning on doing gratis lessons for some. I'm home. They're home. It's not costing me anything but time (and a bit of mental energy but I enjoy the work) and I find myself with more of that than usual so...

DrBGood likes this.
  11. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

That's the spirit.

12. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

We've just passed 83,500 active cases in USA. Resolved cases in USA=1858 Recovered= 680 Dead=1178 Mortality in resolved cases=63%

13. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Member

Q: What goes well with Coronavirus?

[​IMG]

A: Lyme disease. :(

;)

Biddlin likes this.