D'Addario Universal Strap Locks

Discussion in 'General Music' started by plankton, Oct 8, 2019.

1. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned these in a thread awhile back. I finally got myself a pair and can report that they work really well. Definitely the best strap locks for an SG as they are quite low profile, so the one on the heel doesn't poke into you. They also work like Schaller style locks as you have to pull them to release and they have a cradle that the strap button sits it. They feel very secure and are simple and lightweight. Check them out.

https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/strap-locks/universal-strap-lock-system/

2. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Those look nicer than the Schallers.
    They also have a strap button that will work with a
    regular strap, which the Schallers do not do very well.
    I will get a set to try on one of my guitars.
    Thanks for the lead.

3. GraphX12

GraphX12 Member

They do look nice. Thanks for the report, plankton!

4. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

An update, it seems that there's some QC issues with these. When I first got them from my local shop, I found that out of the box one of them had no spring action, so the locking mechanism could open at will. In looking at them there's no physical way the spring could come out, so I figured maybe it was a Friday afternoon at the factory and they just forgot to install it.

I returned those and got a new set, which I checked out in the store, all good. I just went to use that strap now and one of them has no spring action again, and that's after about a week of infrequent use. So apparently whatever they're using for springs or however they're attaching them has issues. These ones will be going back and I won't be getting another pair unless I here that the issues have been solved. Too bad as I really like the design, but strap locks that don't stay locked aren't all that useful.

5. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

Do you know the best strap locks in the world ?

[​IMG]