Disabled parking placards.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

The other side of this coin:

I don't need to detail it but you all know I have had some health "adventures".
    I am triple qualified to have and use a handicapped placard, sticker, card, whatever.
    I don't have one because despite everything I have had happen healthwise I am
    perfectly capable of walking across the toys 'r' us parking lot.
    The sticker would be handy at times but others need that close space way more than I do.
    I could have one.
    I don't need one.
    I don't have one.

Hmmm...
    Reading back over this I realize that it actually contributes zero to this thread and is just me
    crowing about how absolutely wonderful I am but since I went through all the trouble of typing
    it I'm gonna be an a$$hole and post it anyway.
    Don't read it.
    Too late?
    Life is tough before morning coffee.

Biddlin and Relic61 like this.
  2. Goldmember

Goldmember Well-Known Member

Bid, I have decided to go on a gold strike until you reconsider your decision and announce your official return. I shall abstain from the sight, the sound, the shmell, the feel, and the taste of gold until that time. This could have catastrophic results for my health, but I'm doing this for ETSG unity, solidarity, brotherhood, and the rockers of the world.

Goldmember is OFF SHTRIKE! Welcome back, Bid!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    shreddy bender, Biddlin and Relic61 like this.
  3. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Shreddy's got the right idea!

Have you no human compassion sir? Or has that western riding left you calloused & cold...?

shreddy bender and Biddlin like this.
  4. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I couldn't stand the thought of coming between you and your gold. Schmelt away!

Goldmember likes this.
  5. Relic61

He who schmelt it,.. must have delt it.
    Just take care,.. you musn't melt it.. Oweee!

Speaking of Gold 'members'...

Anybody been catching the old Bond back to back movies on Encore every night this month? Goldfinger (love the theme song) was on last night & I got to see ***** Galore! No not putty you perves, the character played by Bond girl Honor Blackman!

After catching some of the older 60's Bond movies there is no doubt Donald Pleasence's Blofeld character was the DR Evil original with eye scar, goofy suit & putty tat!

And all & those breathtakingly gorgeous islands in the Sea of Japan scenes from You Only Live Twice were no doubt the impetus for Dr Evil's secret volcano lair as Blofeld had the whole self destructing volcano secret lair thing going on way back in 1967. Just missing the frik'n sharks with laser beams attached!

Goldmember likes this.
  6. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

I am not going to air opinion one way or the other on the subject matter as I think it has probably received a decent variation of viewpoints.
    If I may though, I would like to share a story since some have mentioned tickets and fines etc.

Way back in the early 80's, I was blessed to have a friend who attended Syracuse Univ and whose dorm was practically next door to the Carrier Dome where sporting events and concerts were held.
    He got 4 of us plus himself tickets to see Rush on a Saturday for their concert. We drove up Friday and parked our Z28 legally all night and never moved it the whole time we were in Syracuse till it was time to leave Sunday morning. The 4 of us said goodbye to our friend and grabbed our gear to head out and get in our car to return home to Maryland.

When we got to where our car was parked, it was GONE. We had to go back to our friend's dorm and call the police thinking it had been stolen.
    They informed us it was parked illegally and they had it towed away. This led us to asking where and how we could get it back on a Sunday. The impound lot was a $10 1980's cab ride across town, the yard was closed except for the guard dogs. Eventually the impound guy showed up and we explained about talking to the cops and having money for the tow charge and keys in hand etc. He then tells us he can't let us have the car unless we had a release from the police. We asked how to get one and where the cop station was. He said it was essentially back where we came from which woulda cost us another $20 round trip. I then spoke up and asked why he couldn't talk to the cops himself and tell them we had the money and couldn't they facilitate the deal so we could simply go home?

I still find it hard to believe that the total cost for the tow/impound was only $34 and a $10 cab ride in the state of NY to boot.
    Oh and the kicker of it all was we had legally parked the car, BUT because an "event" transpired at the Dome, they had erected temporary NO Parking DURING stadium event signage that got us towed because we never moved the car to even return to see the spot had become illegal.

Overall, a $44 bill and a non stolen car was quite a relief to 4 - 18 year old kids. HA

alexander paul likes this.
  7. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

HEY---I thought you left ....... ;)

Glad I can still chase ya round the boards there Biddy ol Boy. I mean we have to have a few voices of reason to balance the CRAZY ......you all are lucky you have me to keeps things NORMAL around here!
    [​IMG]

8. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

HAHA You You You Farging Bastages

eS.G. likes this.
  9. Relic61

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you go Chili.
    [​IMG]

And,.. Here you go Shreddy...
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer.. It is not the intent of this poster to endorse nor recommend the use or threat of violence to resolve Handi related issues. Just funny stuff, so laugh!

10. shreddy bender

shreddy bender Well-Known Member

Nice one Relic!

Relic61 likes this.
  11. Relic61

Tanx Bruddah

12. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

I still think I like this one best........

[​IMG]

Bullfrog and Biddlin like this.
  13. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Well-Known Member

Because he's playing a Les Paul, right?

:D

chilipeppermaniac and Six String like this.