EHX Double Muff

Discussion in 'Effects' started by CATMANDUE, Mar 2, 2016.

1. CATMANDUE

CATMANDUE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I had seen the one of the left on demos but, was unable to buy it because they stopped making that series. I got lucky and found this used one. Before that since I could not get the original one I went with the nano Double Muff on the right. It actually has a tighter sound. It is also a great pedal. The tone of the original has that "EHX" signature tone I like to call. The nano ones don't have that but they are still great fuzz/dirt pedals. The original is not true bypass, so I have to have it at the end of the chain when stacking. It is also a noisier circuit than the nano version. I have a number of EHX pedals. They make good products. I'm curious about the Germanium Big Muff. That might be a good pedal as well.

Sweetums likes this.
  2. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

^ I have the Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi. It's very flexible; 4 button OD which can get quite fuzzy, and a 4 button distortion fuzz that can do starving battery aswellas having a pretty usable bias control. Be prepared to twiddle for many hours! :D

I had the double muff nano, but sold it - for the price, $55 or so, they are good, but of the two sounds it covers: I had better sounding ODs; the muffy fuzz didn't really do it for me. But, the real problem was getting it to work with my baby Randall - the pedal just did nasty things to the treble.

CATMANDUE likes this.
  3. Sweetums

Sweetums Active Member

I also have a Germanium 4 Big Muff and it may be favorite out of the 30-ish pedals I've owned. The volts feature on the distortion side is a very nice feature.

CATMANDUE likes this.
  4. Guilll

Guilll New Member

Hey, I love this pedal ! Actually it is true bypass, and it should always be first in the chain, or its sound becomes trebly and nasty, even if the pedals before it are also true bypass. I think it's the reason why so many people don't like it : they never heard it the way it's supposed to sound, when it's first in the chain.

CATMANDUE likes this.
  5. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

... meh...