Fair Price for Elitist SG?

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by PixMix, Dec 16, 2018.

1. PixMix

PixMix Active Member

What say you - keepers of all SG knowledge? What's a good, as in realistic, price for an Epi SG Elitist in very good + condition? There's one currently listed on Reverb for over 1k, a Japanese seller. Similar situation on eBay.

I have always wanted an Elitist and never in my life owned an Epiphone. I have played a few Epis of various models and series and they all seemed to be super solid instruments. When I heard a few years ago that Elitist line is being discontinued, I was a bit bummed. Last year I missed on a nice LP Elitist, local sale priced at $500. Someone bought it and listed it the next day for $900.

If I come across one, and I'd love for it to be an SG, I might pull the trigger if it's in a good shape. Any of you has an Elitist? Are they one step above the Chinese ones of the current production?

2. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

Epiphone Elitist are good instruments, very close to Gibson

PixMix likes this.
  3. jtees4

jtees4 Well-Known Member

I don't really follow the prices, BUT I would not pay that much for the Elitist when I can get a nice used SG Standard for around $800. They are very good guitars, though.

PixMix likes this.
  4. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

+1 on that...

A used Gibson SG Standard would be a much better guitar
    and a much better investment.

jtees4 and PixMix like this.