favorite "multi" pedal for tube amp

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by eS.G., Oct 26, 2016.

1. RVA

RVA Well-Known Member

eS.G. likes this.
  2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

eS.G. likes this.
  3. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Active Member

In addition, the Tonelab looks professional. I'd use it on stage without shame:

[​IMG]

eS.G. and syscokid like this.
  4. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

YOu talked me into it DR. snagged a stomp lab for 40.00 pick it up tomorrow.

DrBGood likes this.
  5. jjudas

jjudas Well-Known Member

I use a Boss ME-50. It does pretty much everything... wah, delay, reverb, distortion, modulation, compressor, tone, onboard tuner, NS and memory preset patches.

6. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Well....I have started moving my other sundry pedals on the reverb and the ebay....sold the Mustang amp over the weekend ......and the other day I found a basically new in box (still has the sealed crappy AA battery pac and instruction manual et all) VOX stomp lab1G for 40.00 on the C.L.
    A few short hours later --- at Dr Bgoods recommendation for the VOX line--- I had it in my grubby impatient hands and was CUSSING and ALMOST took a saws all to it---- but ---- I decided there where lovely tones in it--- I just need to learn HOW to coax them out.

After work today I took a breat (and watch a tutorial video on the thing) and all was CLEAR and I am making patches (one sounds JUST like my VOX AC4 that I miss-- only better through the Panama Cabinet 12" speaker lol) now I gotta make one that sounds like the BUGERA and then I will have all my previously loved but gone amps back! well except the Peavey......and the......oh I have work to do............And then I can just go WILD on the thing.....SO MANY options very cool.....certainly a SHITE LOAD of fun for 40.00

Thanks Dr. the tip was SPOT on! 1 pedal to keep me busy for ages

7. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

You're welcome, enjoy. Most people don't keep their Vox pedals, because the learning curve can be steep. If you stick with it, it pays.

8. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Yes, when I handed the young man the money and he handed me the pedal I said "well this will keep me busy for a while" --- he just LAUGHED.....and walked away............... I think I found out why last night .....but once you GRASP what button to hit to do what --- and how the MULTI control knob works.....its a breeze......to operate that is SO MANY tones possible.....
    As is usually the case (Modelers lean favorably toward the parent company tones) I find the VOX based tones to be truer to REAL VOX amps/cabs that I have heard than the say TWEED or Blackface --- as the Fender Mustang was more accurate on the Fender models than the Marshall or Vox tones .........

Happy camper ;)

9. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

This was a helpful "tutorial"