Favourable Conditions

Discussion in 'General Music' started by plankton, Nov 1, 2018.

1. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Some times all the environmental conditions just seem to line up perfectly and your guitar rig sounds UH-MAY-ZING.

Today was one of those days around here. Crazy storm last night, apparently something like 100,000 lightning strikes across the region, some of which sounded like they were going to come right through the house. The dog was unimpressed.

But today it's warm and breezy and the atmospheric pressure and the humidity and whatever else have combined to allow my little Laney Cub to just sing. Both my G400 and LPS sound incredible going through it, and even the germanium fuzz seems to be working under optimal conditions.

Now it could just be coincidence. It would stand to reason though that things like vacuum tubes and speaker cones would be affected by atmospheric conditions. Materials like the wood and metal in my guitar certainly would and I know for a fact that heat affects germanium transistors.

So does anyone else notice this phenomena?

2. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

No one else has ever experienced this? Dang. :io:

Maybe it's not atmospheric, just the fact that I had the house to myself and was able to run the Cub at 15w and play like I didn't give a f#$&. :dude:

Or maybe I'm actually starting to get halfway decent at this guitar thing. :D

Daniel.S likes this.
  3. Daniel.S

Daniel.S Well-Known Member

I always play better when no one else is in the house. Subconsciously I know someone’s home so I can’t pay full attention to what I’m playing. Sometimes.