Finally got it right this time.

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Tobacco Worm, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

It may start on tape but comes out of Audacity as digital, so if it works for you, great.

2. Tobacco Worm

Tobacco Worm Well-Known Member

Digital Still Sucks!

Update....

Well it's been a while and I have acquired some stuff and managed to build some things with the left hand to assist in the digital recording thing. Assembled all the gear and gave it a whirl..... well it was not quite right.....I fact, Ya know what?

IT STILL SUCKS!!:mad:

If I live to be 300 (doubt I'll make 68) but if I did, I'd still not get this crap. I have now either disassembled, beat to pieces, or shot all of the digital junk here. At any rate, it's all in a twisted pile out behind the barn and I hope it rots there and is eaten by hogs, snakes, scorpions. skunks, ants, and armadillos! 'Cuz those are critters I hate just like digital stuff! They deserve each other.

Wade,
    going 100% Analog, just like in the old days when things made sense.:thumb:

Alex_SG likes this.
  3. Alex_SG

Alex_SG Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100% amigo. I'm going analogue too!
    Gonna try to find an "old school" reel to reel recorder next!!!

Tobacco Worm likes this.
  4. Tobacco Worm

Tobacco Worm Well-Known Member

Aye, Wish I still had my old R to R unit that was stolen from my vehicle. Was an interesting tube driven portable (35 lbs.) 4 track with built in stereo amp and speakers. Lots of 1/4" in and outs for everything. Great for recording gigs and such. Got it in the early '60's. Can't remember the make anymore as I've slept a might since then, but it was cool. Guess the crackhead that stole it thought so too. We'd just finished a gig and I had started loading my gear out to my car when some junkie took it from the backseat of my old Ford. Checked with our pawn detail for months to see if it ever showed up, but no such luck.

Using an old Tascam 4 track cassette unit these days. Cassette tape is still around, but ya gotta look a bit to find the right type. I could just imagine how hard it'd be to find R to R tape now! What do the say now? "good luck wit' dat!" on finding a R to R and the tape to go with it...

"Analog good. Digital evil. Any questions?" That's my new motto, among many.:)

Wade