Finally, Greetings SG Heaven!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by HackeIommi, May 16, 2019.

1. HackeIommi

HackeIommi Active Member

Heya SG fans! When I was looking at this crazy heaven forum, I always felt sad. I am an SG fan and a Black Sabbath - Iommi believer. Last week, sold my latest Strat. Long live humbucker!! For a long time, in the absence of my dream SG, I played a good Gibson Nighthawk. If I need single pup tones, NH is enough for me. Still a keeper. Sadly, so many years never found a good SG. Long story short, bad country, and infertile new and used guitar market. Especially good SGs are rare. But last summer, I bought a good SG (I think) and finally remembered I deserved to register here too. I'll show my new weapon in a separate topic very soon with better pictures I'll take for this forum. I hope you like it too.

Since years, I am away from stages and studios. You can consider me as a bedroom player. I love every kind of good music. But as an old mad dog, from Progressive Rock to Heavy Metal, Rock N Roll is the only thing I can't live without. I hope to share my experiences, learn more and enjoy here. Oh! And I hope someday to buy a John Diggins SG.

Live long prosper ESG Forum _\\//

Lunacy the Faded, DanB and arcticsg like this.
  2. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Can't wait to see pics :smile:

3. DanB

DanB Active Member

Welcome to the SG Forum!

4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Welcome to the zoo HackeIommi. Where are you from, that there's a void for a good SG in your area ? In banjo country ?

5. HackeIommi

HackeIommi Active Member

Thanks arcticsg, Dan and DrBGood! I have to take new and clear pics. Can't upload the old ones. They are very dark. I wrote a detailed review in a different forum. I can copy here too if accepted.

DrBGood remember you asked me my story. You are responsible for this longer version :D I am from Turkey, Istanbul. In my whole life, I saw, played, bought, modded, sold very good and garbage guitars (garbages were more). But all the SGs I met were sounding weak, shrill or muddy etc. I just saw 3 good SGs. A Gibson 2002 61 reissue, my friend bought her. one Special Faded, cheap but sold when I was broken. The latest one is the thing in avatar. Epi Tony Iommi 2015 SG. I found two Iommi 2015 here. First one wasn't very impressive for me. Maybe she was a good guitar. But obviously, never saw luthiers face in years. Weak intonation, dead frets, etc.

This one was 2nd hand and really what I was looking for. Dark & fat but not muddy, nasty & perfect mids, light, neck dive free. Two mods I've done. To cut a bone nut and cancel tone pots.

Eidt: Btw! Thanks for tips about locking string wire. One more thing I already learned.

DrBGood likes this.
  6. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I guess I read too many posts/forums and forget half of them :rofl:

7. HackeIommi

HackeIommi Active Member

Sometimes to forget is good :rofl:

DrBGood likes this.