G400

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by Keith Bragg, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Keith Bragg

Keith Bragg New Member

Hello all,
    I just purchased a what I think, is a 2008 G400 and was wondering if anyone else owned one and could tell me anything about the pickups or any other info. The beginning code on the serial is EE0806. It has a bound neck and Grovers . I tried out a new 2018 but did not like it as much as the used one, both for tone and the way it felt. Currently I can only find information about the new models so any help would be greatly appreciated . The finish is faded dark walnut brown.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

3. Keith Bragg

Keith Bragg New Member

Nice! Thank you for the reply. I actually found it online shortly after I posted. It is on the website guitar-compare.com in the 2010 catalog. It wouldn’t let me post the link.

Mine is the “worn” pictured there, looks like it has an Alnico Classic and a Classic Plus.

4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

We still need to see it Keith ! You won't get out of it that easy :rofl:

I'm surpirsed about the bounded neck on a 2008. They had it on the Vintage 03/04/05 then again last year I think it came back. But in between ...

C'mon, show us and welcome to the SG zoo.

5. Keith Bragg

Keith Bragg New Member

LOL. Sorry, I had to downscale the image. I believe it is bound...not white, but dark. It def looks like it is and certainly feels as it is. I will upload a closeup when i get home. I know the 2018 G400 Worn Cherry that tried out did not

Attached Files:

In Tampa likes this.
  6. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

7. jjudas

jjudas Well-Known Member

I have a 2006 G400 in aged dark cherry. Alnico pickups, Grover tuners and set neck. It's pictured in my avatar photo. It plays and sounds fantastic!

8. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

I really like my 07 G400. Did some mods to it. Had several of my guitar playing friends that are way smarter than me when it comes to electric guitars. To a person they’ve told me it’s an awesome guitar.

I’d love to have an SG that says Gibson on the headstock, but short of getting one with P90s..... from a practical standpoint. I don’t need one.

As for the bound neck. Ya gotta look close. It is bound with same color rosewood. Same as the fret board.

9. Keith Bragg

Keith Bragg New Member

Thank you. That is a great link!

10. Keith Bragg

Keith Bragg New Member

I like mine too, I probably will replace the pickups at some point. And yes, that is correct, it is bound with rosewood. I swear the 2018 I played did not, or at least the frets were sloppy as I felt them when I went up and down the neck.