Good Cheap PA?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Logan, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm looking at getting a PA system to start gigging with, and figured here would be a good place to ask about it. What would be some cheap options with decent sound quality? Any input would be appreciated :thumb:

2. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Well-Known Member

I'm not up on the current models, but the Fender passports were pretty solid

3. Scootermuppet

Scootermuppet Well-Known Member

In my experience the words 'cheap' and 'decent' don't usually go together...:facepalm:

But having said that, there are some good ones out there that wouldn't break the bank. Not too well up on what's available now, but I had a pair of Mackie SRM450's as the basis of a PA about 8 years ago, and they are amazing - used should be pretty affordable, matched with a small mixing desk and mics etc.

Built it up to a 1.5k system with a 24 channel behinger desk and a Mackie sub - could handle a full rock band, including mixing the drum kit with headroom to spare and sounded like a massive hi-fi :thumb: - and it all fitted in my MPV with the rear seats out!

Ahhh, memories :dude: