Got Another Marshall

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Six String, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Ok.... so it isn't what you expect, but at least it fits with my mini collection... and it is a full stack.

[​IMG]

SG John, Voxman, Crazy_8 and 2 others like this.
  2. lunchbox

lunchbox Active Member

3. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

Those are pretty neat.

4. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

I have (with the purchase of my Danelectro Honeytone) become SMITTEN with the mini amps.

Good on ya!

5. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

I would love to have a real Fender Amp like the mini one you got.wernt those the Tone Master ?? I used to know.

6. GibsonKramer

GibsonKramer Active Member

OMG! Your lamp is humongous!

And those guitar straps? How are those supposed to fit on the SG you posted the other day?

alexander paul and Six String like this.
  7. Six String

... and the funny thing is that they really work! And if you want a surprise, run them into the mixer and out the mains. Holy Crap! :laugh2:

8. Six String

Run em direct................... OR..................

[​IMG]

LOL! :ohno:

Voxman and smitty_p like this.
  9. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

lol Six......I run the Danelectro Honeytone into my Bose sounddoc ---mind blowing--

10. Six String

I told the guys that I want to do a show with 3 stools with the three mini amps on the stools and no other amps on stage. I normally use the 880 for my guitar anyway. I figure it would be a cool reversal of the shows you see with wall to wall speakers (most of which are fake front units.) Love to see the faces trying to figure out how those little amps were putting out the massive sound coming out the PA..........! LOL

11. Molly

Molly Active Member

I gave my wee daughter the half stack version of that Marshall micro amp just the other day. Had it about ten years. It's a red one. Lived in my guitar case forever. Cool wee thing.

Just this week I bought the new Blackstar Fly 3 micro amp. Sat in my garden today with my mp3 player through it jamming along. Bloody great sounding amp.

JohnnyGoo and eS.G. like this.
  12. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

O>K> damn it Molly, I was just about to ask Six which of the three he has there he likes the best.
    I own the Danelectro Honeytone (which is a blast) I know the VOX has the most features....and I have been drooling over the blackstar fly---but 60.00 is more than I pay for 15-20 watt amps......hell its more than I paid for my Mustang 1 with all its features! :)
    So Six.......which of them ya like best?

Here is some info.................
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GWDM-NiLeo[/ame]

13. Molly

Molly Active Member

LOL. $60 US is $77 NZ. I paid $99 NZ.... Just another example of how we're royally gouged down here.

14. Six String

Of course the Vox! :thumb:

Voxman likes this.
  15. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Yes, yes you are Molly but you live in PARADISE! :thumb:
    I paid damn near double for most things when I lived in Key West Fl. (Paradise-U.S. style) thats just the breaks ;)
    I did relocate to Redneckistan to save money though.......now I just have more crap ......no more money ----I screwed up somewhere ....need crayons and an excel spread sheet....... the blue ones don't show up on the screen!!! :mad:

JohnnyGoo and Alex_SG like this.
  16. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Glad you said that------I snagged a used one with the Rhythms used online ---its on its way to me now:applause:

Love some VOX tone baby:naughty:

Voxman and Six String like this.
  17. Tobacco Worm

Tobacco Worm Well-Known Member

Funny in that the interest in mico amps is going on here. Last week when Bill was over to "fix" my computer issue.... OK, we won't get into that...

But he got to talking about where he saw some stuff on building little amps on the internet (whoa boy:facepalm:) and started talking about using a LM386 IC chip and such. I reached over to my bookshelf where I keep my electronics and guitar data and pulled a schematic of an amp I designed around a LM386 some years ago. A 3/4 watt amp with a "Fender" input circuit and switched and variable OD, a tone pot, and vol. all run on a 9vt battery and can be made to fit in a little box. The first thing he said after looking at the schematic was "Ya got any of those chips?"

Off to the shop we went and he got the chip, base, all the caps, pots, perf-board, flea clips, and such to build that little amp. I let him take the big book of data with him so he could study it more and make copies of what he wanted. He called yesterday and said that he has the next week off and he's gonna build that amp then. We'll see how well he does.

That's the same amp I used to build in the shop long ago and made little wood cabinets for them with a good 6" speaker in 'em for Christmas presents to my good customers and my bandmates. Bill is pretty good with wood and has a nice woodshop next to his house. I'd be interested to see what kind of cab he builds and such. :hmm:

18. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

I would be interested to see as well. Bet its VERY nice.

19. Tobacco Worm

Tobacco Worm Well-Known Member

Yes sir, Bill built a set of cabinets for his wife in the utility room of their house that were very well done. Complete with hidden joints, super cool hinges and such. Worked in some interesting trim around the front panels as well. He does some nice woodwork. His shop is well outfitted with the proper tools as well. That helps to do good work I think too. He's manufactured his own jigs to make many of the joints, attachments, and other items he needs. Quite a clever lad!:thumb:

When he makes that amp I'll take some photos and post them up here. Should be interesting. He mentioned wanting one of my Jensen 8"er's for a speaker too!:wow:
    Now what I may do is outfit him with a second batch of components and a second 8" Jensen and have him build me one as well!:naughty: Since my hands no longer work well and I cannot hold an iron to do circuit work this might be a good deal huh?:dunno:

Voxman, JohnnyGoo and eS.G. like this.
  20. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

With just a " shaper " one can build a nice kitchen ... if you have the bits!