Guitar Madness '57 Humbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by VetPsychWars, Feb 8, 2018.

1. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Active Member

Since they're so cheap and they came with gold covers, I thought I'd try them out.

Very glad I did. Using in my Peavey JF-1, which is an ES-335 type semi-hollow body.

Clear and chime-y tone.

Tom

Plan Zero and rotorhead like this.
  2. Plan Zero

Plan Zero Active Member

I have a guitar madness "hexbucker" in my maestro. A $15 dimarzio super distortion knock off made in Korea. Sounds unbelievable. Highly recommended.

3. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

I've been curious about these for a while. Dealt with GFS on a number of occasions and had nothing but positive comments to say about them, but was hesitant to move quite far enough down market for my Epiphone to purchase Guitar Madness pups. Good to hear they're legit; I'll keep them in mind if ever given the opportunity to hot-rod a low-end axe or something.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

They seem to be another distributor for Artec pickups. I'm not sure if they make "custom" builds for the various distributors, but if you're flipping axes it'd be a good way to go.

5. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Active Member

I also had the "1984" pickups... they sucked major big time. "Awful" doesn't begin to cover it.

But for the price, worth a try and you don't feel bad throwing them out.

Tom

6. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

I can't quite recall where I saw it, but I'm fairly certain that the owner of Guitar Madness once denied on a forum post that his pickups were Artec designs, but instead were made in the same facility as GFS pickups. Not that it matters; both make decent products at a great price.

Raiyn likes this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

:lol: Made in the same facility as GFS... of which some have been shown to be Artecs by those willing to strip them down. Doesn't really matter though, they're pretty decent pickups anyway.

Clifdawg likes this.