Guitar models you've never wanted!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by dbb, Jul 22, 2015.

1. SG_Island

SG_Island Well-Known Member

This is obviously not the right forum to state that you have a Rickenbacker... :rolleyes:

Scootermuppet and syscokid like this.
  2. grausch

grausch Active Member

Certain guitars just have magic to them that can only be understood by playing them. Others are complete and utter duds even if they should be great on paper.

For those that say that PRS guitars are all flash, I think my SG is much more flashy than my PRS. Both are great guitars in their own rights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To get somewhat back on track though - here is a guitar that I never thought I would own, but there are not that many shorter scale guitars with SSS pickups out there. Managed to get a good price on this one, and yes, I now own a guitar that looks like something that came back in time from a very screwed up future...

[​IMG]

Granted, the quality of this MIC guitar leaves a little to be desired, but I would call it almost on par with a Gibson Faded or PRS SE. If Ibanez had cut the pickguard properly and not leave it rough where it joins the fretboard, I would rate this same as the others. Playability is exceptional due to the narrow and tall frets that have not been Plekked to death and a nice chunky neck that makes the Gibson rounded profile look anorexic - just kidding, while the neck is bigger and I have small hands, I have absolutely no issues playing this guitar.

If Ibanez ever made a Japanese version of this that does not cost two arms and two legs (as their first version did), I would be all over it.

Now that my dirty little secret is not so secret anymore, I'll let others chime in with guitars they'd never own...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. Scootermuppet

Scootermuppet Well-Known Member

Gotta love an upside down Iceman - or Fireman (see what he did there?), to give it it's proper name, Paul Gilbert's Shredtastic signature axe :thumb:

grausch likes this.
  4. grausch

grausch Active Member

Yeah, Paul Gilbert tries to inject some humour into everything he does. There is also a FRM250MF and I love the way he explains what the MF stands for.

In any case, that is one guitar I never wanted and ended up liking it a lot more than I should. Having a virtuoso guitarist so intimately involved in the design sure paid dividends - he actually used an off-the-shelf FRM100 on tour.

Scootermuppet likes this.
  5. Curt8771

Curt8771 Active Member

That's an awesome Fireman! Fuzz universe is awesome!

Also I the only thing I'm not a big fan of is gretsch. Just not my thing.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    grausch likes this.
  6. pedecamp

pedecamp Active Member

Whats interesting is I never wanted an SG, I got my faded SG cuz it was the only Gibson I could afford. It didn't take long to become one of my favorite guitars and see more play time than anything else I own.