Hanging Back Stage w/ Heaven & Hell 8-27-09

Discussion in 'General Music' started by SG Lou, Aug 28, 2009.

1. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

Saw H&H last night.
    I was suppose to go to the NYC show at the Garden but Mike ( Tony's tech) called me and told me that NY shows are hectic and there are a lot of Suits milling around and wanting to see Tony and the Band after the show. Than he says to me
    "You free Thursday night? " because you can come up to the Chevrolet Theater in Wallingford Connecticut and see the show.
    "I'll be there" I told him.
    So I left my place at 4pm and finally got there at 7:30. I-95 was a total nightmare and at one area the traffic was so HORRIBLE I barely crawled at
    20mph :shock:

So anyway once I got there I called Mike and he met me outside to give me my pass and he took me in.
    I brought my copy of Old Boy for Tony to check out so we stopped off at Tony's dressing room and put it there. I was assured it will be safe !

I go off a grab a bite to eat and have a brew, and I went backstage to hang with Mike and watch him prep the gear for the show.
    While there I took a few photo's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shows about to start so I make my way out and hung out on Tony's side of the stage along the stage barrier.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the show I go back the the dressing room area and within a 1/2 hr i'm in to see the man !

[​IMG]

Mike told me that Tony has been "very funny lately" about having his picture took after a show so I didn't take any. I did however shoot the bull with him and Geezer and Tony gave me the O0 on my replica of Old Boy.
    I also had him sign it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Being the wise ass that he is, Tony said to me, "I told you on once before with the Monkey SG and I'll tell you again, there's still just one thing wrong with it"

So I know whats coming.........."What" i ask him, he just smiles and says "It's not left handed"

grausch likes this.
  2. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

;D That is absolutely fantastic........ and the pix are great too!! 8)

You know Lou......... you just might have to oblige Tony....... and make a lefty! ;)

3. SG Lou

[quote author=Six String link=topic=19677.msg238617#msg238617 date=1251479153]
    ;D That is absolutely fantastic........ and the pix are great too!! 8)

You know Lou......... you just might have to oblige Tony....... and make a lefty! ;)
    [/quote]

It's funny that you mention that 6er because he mentioned it at least 3 time that he wants me to build him one.
    I don't know if he was serious or joking so I told him along with Mike standing there as well that if he's serious
    Mike has my email and phone #. Just gimme a call and let me know !

4. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

20/20 hind sight being perfect............ it would have been so cool to get a pic of Tony's Old Boy and yours............. Although, his "signature of approval" on yours is the ultimate! 8)

Maybe for future ref..................... 8)

5. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Great shot of Dio!!!
    Seems he truly enjoys still belting em out after all these years.

Many Kuddos will go your way if you make him a guitar that he uses onstage!!! That would be awesome!!!

Still waiting to see your latest finished.

6. SG Lou

[quote author=Six String link=topic=19677.msg238623#msg238623 date=1251482329]
    20/20 hind sight being perfect............ it would have been so cool to get a pic of Tony's Old Boy and yours.............
    [/quote]

I wanted too do just that 6er but my Old Boy was stashed away as soon as I got there in Tony's dressing room.

and while I was along side Mike backstage i wanted him to take a picture of me holding Tony's Old Boy but Mike said it was already tuned up for the show and he didn't want me knocking it out of tune........

7. minotaur

minotaur Member

No way...a sequel to the "monkey" experience from '07...you gotta be kidding....

8. SG Lou

and hopefully there will be a Part 3 once I finish the build on the Monkey Replica :thumb:

minotaur likes this.
  9. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Awesome story Lou. Did you do anything to your guitar after the signature to preserve it?

I have an Sg signed by Acdc and am debating if I should have a coat of clear putbon