Hello, people

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Doomguy, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Doomguy

Doomguy New Member

I've always sucked at introducing myself so here we go, I guess.

I own two SGs at the moment. My first was a Epiphone G-400 Pro. Played the hell out of it for a year and a half or so and then bought a 2018 SG Standard in ebony as my first expensive guitar. The two SGs are definitely my mains. Play those two way more than any other guitar I've ever owned.

I mainly play doom, stoner, sludge, and death metal. Biggest influences on my playing are bands like Sleep, Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Alice in Chains (the usual suspects). Outside of the SGs, I own a Ibanez S621QM and am in the market for a Jackson King V.

I dabble in bass a bit as well, have a Fender Player P Bass. Music more or less consumes my life, but I'm currently a college student, the world's worst backyard astronomer, a huge history nerd, own a couple freshwater fish tanks, and a huge soccer nut.

arcticsg likes this.
  2. assquatch20

assquatch20 Member

Hey man, welcome aboard. Not long after I got my SG I found myself playing sludgy riffs with it, and some QOTSA-esque stuff. Maybe it's just Iommi's influence but something about an SG goes well with down tuning and heavy riffage. I'm no veteran but I think we're in good company here.

3. Doomguy

Doomguy New Member

Those first couple QOTSA albums are amazing. Homme's riffage (both in QOTSA and Kyuss) is supreme.

I was about to order a Les Paul the day I got the Standard but something in my head didn't sit right. SGs are THE guitar for heavy music in my opinion. Give me an SG, a muff, and an Orange and I'm good, haha.

4. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome aboard! [​IMG]

Doomguy likes this.
  5. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

Welcome.

Doomguy likes this.