Help finding a new pickguard for custom shop SG Standard

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by splitdiamond, Dec 7, 2018.

1. splitdiamond

splitdiamond New Member

Hey Everyone,

I have looked and looked, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells a pickguard that looks like it will fit my SG. They're very close, but the two screws in between the pickups on my guitar are closer together than any of the ones that I see online. I've even ordered a couple and the screw holes don't line up.

If I look at the Gibson website, the pictures of the guitar like mine that they still make looks like the spacing is the same is mine. Does nobody ever want a replacement pickguard for my model guitar?

This is the model:

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elec...andard-Historic-SG-Standard.aspx#SGSR4VOFCNM1

If you look at any of the ones that people are selling, the screws are closer to the pickups than they are on my model.

If anyone knows of someone that actually makes a model that will fit my guitar please let me know! It's always had a black pickguard, and I just want to change it up and put a white one on there.

2. splitdiamond

splitdiamond New Member

3. papagayo

papagayo Active Member

4. Daniel.S

Daniel.S Well-Known Member

5. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

Yeah, that says it's for the '61 RI right in the title.

This is what you want; I used it on my CS Std: Chandler/Pickguard Heaven's Pattern 7704.

http://pickguards.us/pricesg.html

I know, the descriptions for that and 7702 are nearly identical but I sent them my guard and it matched 7704, so that's what you want. Disappointing they didn't make the descriptions clearer after I pointed that out to them...

The pickguard fit great, but the tenon cover's holes were off, so they sent me some blanks and I drilled my own holes. I will also note that the beveled edges on the several tenons they sent were pretty inconsistent. But, they didn't charge me for them.

HPIM3905m.jpg

Attached Files:

papagayo likes this.
  6. papagayo

papagayo Active Member

You can send your pickguard to Creamtone, Lonnie will make a perfect fit one.

That' s what I did for the white back plate.

*This pickguard fits Gibson USA SGs made since 2006. It does not fit Historic reissues from Gibson Custom. Upgrades for those models can be found in our Absolute Vintage Collection. Contact us before ordering if you have any questions.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  7. splitdiamond

splitdiamond New Member

Thanks guys! I've been chatting with Lonnie. I'm pretty sure he can do what I want.

papagayo likes this.