Help with wet dry rig and dual mono

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Gillean, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Gillean

Gillean Well-Known Member

Guys, need quick help.

Short story: my gear is already sent to the place I'll be plain but I will only get there a few hours before the gig. I'll have the opportunity to play with 2 amps there (silverjub 25 and ac30).

My pedal board is very simple (Archer - KoT - vibe - chorus - ad9 pro delay).

So, the question is, if I use the wet dry out from the ad9 pro, when the pedal is disengaged will I have dual mono signal or just 1 amp will receive signal??

Extra question is: any mods on the outputs are possible/recommendable on this pedal??

Thanks everyone!!

2. Bonzo21

Bonzo21 Active Member

No answer yet eh? I don't know what to tell ya, its a pretty specific question you asked ahahha. When's the gig? Good luck/hope it went well (if it already passed)...

3. DCCable

DCCable Active Member

Maxon's web site says: "Topping off the AD-9 Pro are dual outputs that allow routing of the dry and delayed signals to two separate amps or mixer channels. Both outputs feature Mechanical True Bypass via a 4PDT switch."

So it sounds to me like you get dual mono out.

4. Gillean

updating on this.

I've been playing my wonderful wet dry rig for a while now. (I bought a humdigger, from gigrig to do it).

All sounding amazing, love the feel of the two amps completing each other, many new different tones comming out of it. I recommend everybody to try, its really something else.

Now, the new issue. Until today I had absolutely no problem with hum, and I've been playing almost everyday in the amp room (thats how I call it now), today I got there and voila! HUM FOR DAYS! I have no idea of how could such massive hum could have appeared from one day to the other in a room that was completely noise free.

Any expert could point some troubleshooting tests I could do?

thanks!!

edit: just a few more details to enlighten the history.

After that gig where I played wet dry for the first time I bough an AC-15 to complement my OR-15 and I'm a happier human now :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  5. drown

drown Well-Known Member

Nice choice. Everyone needsa little Vox in their life IMO

6. rotorhead

rotorhead Well-Known Member

On the hum issue: is it possible a ground wire came loose during play (vibration) or moving the equipmemt?

7. Gillean

I havent moved the equipment, besides the guitars. would you be more detailed on the explanation? (I`m not really sure which wire would be the one ground wire).

thanks!

8. rotorhead

Sadly, I wouldn't be sure which one(s) it could be, either. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will step in soon to help narrow it down.

Sorry, gotta be honest. :smile:

9. Gillean

Hello Guys, Problem solved!

All I had to do was, NOTHING. I just got back home yesterday, turned the amps on and no hum again... go figure.

10. rotorhead

Hmmm. Sweet :)