Hi from Melbourne.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by grinch, Apr 17, 2019.

1. grinch

grinch New Member

Hi.

I'm a grumpy git but grumpy was taken - besides the Mrs. calls me a grinch more often. I'm all good when talking guitars & music, motorcycles and stuff that isn't politics or religion.

I named my SG Dave, after Mustaine... horns.

Cheers! ;)

Gahr likes this.
  2. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

Welcome to ETSG! As soon as your post count is up, show us some pics of the SG, please! (You need about five posts to be able to post pics, I think.)

Melbourne is a lovely city. Me and the wife went there on holiday in 2003, the plan is to go back next year.

grinch likes this.
  3. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum mate. I wonder if your grumpiness is related to the weather in Melbourne? :D

grinch likes this.
  4. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

Welcome. Know a few other folk from your “neighborhood.”

grinch likes this.
  5. Didds

Didds Well-Known Member

If weather affects mental state then I woulda thought most people in Melbourne would have bipolar disorder. I know I wasn't far from it when I lived there :rofl:

grinch likes this.
  6. grinch

grinch New Member

Cheers for the welcome people!

I'm just a cynical git, which is why I need these sorts of places where folks aren't just looking for a reason to shoot someone down. I despise social media but appreciate YT, so a bit of an oxymoron there.

I've also had a bunch of head traumas so I have the attention span of a gnat and my short-term memory is atrocious. As in, really... what was I saying..?

Gahr, you wont really want to see my SG, it's hideous (I'm not being cynical there). I purchased it not long after I began learning, maybe 18 months or thereabouts, because I felt sorry for it. It's a '13 Future tribute that doesn't look like one bar the stupid tuners. As soon as I remember to get some 16mm washers to replace the 14mm washers that came with some Gotohs, they're getting the arse. 16mm will cover up the locking-pin holes.

Apologies for rambling. Gotta get this stuff down before I fo..... ;)

Didds likes this.