Hi from Vancouver Island

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Spellcaster, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Spellcaster

Spellcaster New Member

I'm new here, so just checking in to say hello. I've played guitar and bass since I was a young teenager, and I'm retired now. I've been building instruments over the last decade, but probably won't do any more because my eyesight's become quite limited.

A few years ago, I bought a pair of Epiphone SG's on eBay, but they weren't good players, so I sold them soon after. I had a 63 Gibson EB3 that was one of my main players for years, although finances prompted me to sell it a couple of years ago. If I ever find myself able to indulge my G.A.S. again, I'd like to buy a 70's SG and an old EB2.

One question regarding the forum.....I've looked but can't find it if it's there - Is there a way to reverse the contrast of the screen on the forum? My eyes are finding the white font on dark background challenging to deal with.

Great forum here! I'm looking forward to looking around.

[​IMG]

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Hey Spellcaster, welcome to da SG Zoo. You'll like it here, except for a few, nice bunch of animals that don't bite.

Yes you can change the style that'll make it a white background. Lower left corner of your screen, there's a really small Desktop word. Click on it and you'll get a style chooser. Choose default. I personally don't like the small font on that one.

Love that EB3 on that picture. Is that the one you let go ? What are the pups on it ? I see a Precision at neck ? I did something similar on my Melody Maker a hundred or so years ago.

EBO 63-68-.jpg

3. Spellcaster

Spellcaster New Member

Thanks for the welcome, and I appreciate the tips on setup of the forum.

When I bought the EB3 from the original owner in 1976, he had removed the neck pickup and replaced it with a Precision, and he'd removed the Varitone control and replaced it with a pickup switch. I used it as is for about a year and then decided to replace the bridge with one of the original Leo Quan Badass units in hopes of improving intonation. I ended up replacing the other humbucker with a second Precision pickup. I ended up selling the bass and later regretted it, but found it a few years ago in the shop where I bought the JBL cabinet. Fast forward a couple of years, I wasn't gigging and struggling financially while I was getting pension set up, so I sold it again. Already feeling sellers remorse, lol.

I'm getting the urge to go back out and play rock and roll, but haven't found a band yet.

[​IMG]

DrBGood likes this.
  4. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I lived in Chamiss Bay, 1955-61. I can still smell the rotting ferns on the forest floor in autumn.

5. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the board! [​IMG]

6. HackeIommi

HackeIommi Active Member

Hi! Welcome to the Madhouse!!

I love these SG bass beasts, they are great and comfortable to play!