I like that ...

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by DrBGood, Sep 9, 2018.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I put my VOX VT20+ for sale on Facebook. Within two hours, two messages. Sold it for the asking price to the second one :h5:

Ketching !

I have to say it was cheap at $100, but it came bundled with a Epi LP Tribute + for a mere $300. So the guitar ends up costing me $200.

Six Stringed Demon likes this.
  2. Six Stringed Demon

Six Stringed Demon Member

I do a lot of buying selling and trading on Facebook in my area. I’ve met some good people who I’ve spent some time talking to and found better deals for other things, networked deals for them, connected them with some friends to jam with and all kinds of cool stuff! I live in a rather large city (Phoenix Arizona), so I really get a kick out of meeting people locally!

Glad you got a good deal and someone else did too!!

3. Worblehat

Worblehat Active Member

Nice. Good deal you made with that guitar. May I ask: Why did you sell the VOX? I have a Vox VT20X and I am very happy with it, being my practice amp (and my only one).

4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I've bought a Valvetronix AD50VT some years ago and really liked it. I eventually sold it, because I thought I needed tube amps. So I bought some, good ones, but they didn't fill all my tonal needs. So I got a Tonelab XT to do that. Man that one has a steep learning curve, but I went through it and it served its purpose.

All of this was getting too complicated and at that moment, a AD30VT kind of fell in my lap for next to nothing. I liked it so much, that I bought a second one to leave at the summer cottage. So for a while, I had two of the same and sold my tube amps that I found to be too much of a one trick ponies.

Then I discovered the Fender Super Champ.

Found a SCXD and it kind of killed the Valvetronix for me. I sold the studio AD30VT and got a second Super Champ, but this time I got the X2 head and built a 1X12 cab for it, because the tiny 10 inch in the combo didn't give me enough ooomph and I wanted to see if there were significant differences between the two models. Clean channel is the same on both, but voices are a tad different and I liked the XD ones better (except for the Bassman, which is incredible on the X2). So, after a while I sold the X2 head.

All that time, I kept the AD30VT at the cottage because it fulfilled the needs with some great tones. For the few months I spend there, I don't really miss the studio tube amps.

When I made the above mentionned deal this past spring, I brought the VT20+ to the cottage, for I had sold it online to someone from the area . Once I played it side to side with the AD30VT, I had to convince the buyer that the AD30VT was a better deal for him. I did and kept the VT20+ for the summer.

But then ... I found another Super Champ XD for cheap and bought it. The VT20+ had to go.

I now have two SCXD and a Katana 100 1X12. I think those should fulfill my needs for a while.

At the Studio, the SCXD combo is played either through a 2X10 or a 2X12 cab. The second one I bought is for the cottage and will probably be rehoused in a bigger cab, to accomodate a 12 inch speaker. I like good low end on an amp, I used to play bass. The cottage being a small space, I want to have a self contained combo here, no stack.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Layne Matz and Worblehat like this.