Incoming JetCity 333 and "Custom" Blackstar Cab!

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Ray, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Yeah! Killer amp for 200 Euro! :)

Almost panicked last night and decided I had to get me a proper homeamp. A cheap, good one. Real quick.
    So today I scrolled through second hand amps..all sorts.. Then bought this nasty little rig!
    I have played loads of cool Gibsons on a JetCity 333 earlier, in a guitarstore I worked a little, around 10 years ago, and I loved the sound of that nasty little 5 watter!
    I been thinking of this 333 model a lot, but they dont come often used it seems, people like them I guess.:)
    It comes with Blackstar, HT-110 with a custom 12" Fender Special Design element.
    Havent got much specs. Its basically a low output killer sounding valve amp!
    Switch between 2/5 watts is cool.

Yeeaah...5 friggin' Watts . That'll show'em ... hehehe ... not good for my reputation with my neighbors...
    Moouhuaahuaahaaa..!

Driving to pick it up tomorrow! Wooot!:D

009_986332165.jpg 009_1126271215.jpg
    Woohoo! :D

Sweetums and Gahr like this.
  2. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Well-Known Member

Make 'er sing, brotha. I was leafing through some Jet City amps online to help a buddy with his amp-shopping. I've never played one, but they seemed to have a good grasp of what makes a good basic amp. Definitely brought them up on my radar a little.

Ray likes this.
  3. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, will do, man!
    Shooting off to pick it up soon! Hehe ... Right now I'm scheming on how I can pick up the amp in my worktime today, so I can get down to makin' that little baby sing ASAP!:D

Yeah, if you get across one, dont hesitate! Really lucious tones from these!:D
    Edit: Scheming worked!:D Tank is full and I'm off for driving soon. 3 hours of chilled drivin cranking my stereo and 200 Euro for this amp is just sweet!:D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Thumpalumpacus and Gahr like this.
  4. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

WOOT! Been playing it for hours yesterday and goin at it now! This baby rocks like hell on steroids!:D

+ lots of bonus cool stuff on this deal as well. Details will follow, too busy playing! 2 watts of all sorts of nitty gritty sound! Great cleans too!

5. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Wow! Played for at least five hours straight now and this amp is hot in every way now, hehe. I'm amazed, its much better that would haved dared hoping for. This amp is all I needed! The "Bright" switch does not work but I get all and more than I need of treble, also on cleans, so that defunct switch is totally fine with me.

Especially in 2 watt mode the JetCity 333 is perfect for wild livingroom rocking. Very, very good sound. Just awesome for gritty tones like Stones/Skynyrd/AC/DC and heavier stuff, to Sabbathish and to more modern, like Kim Thayil from Soundgarden, Tim Sult of Clutch and way more aggresive. I get all the fuzz I need with the gain set at 4. For leads maybe 5, so ymthis amp easily delivers the most overdriven distortion!

The 5 watt mode is great too, but a bit loud for everyday-terror, hehe .. And maybe the 5 watt sounds a bit wimpier when uncranked. I most def prefer the sound of the (permanently:D) cranked 2 watt mode. Seriously, when cranked in 2 watt mode this baby is really glowing and delivers a tone way beyond my expectations.

Got this baby cheaper than expexted: Paid a set of used 490/498 pups and 60 Euro.
    I got a bunch of extras:
    Two extra elements;
    one 12" Celestion and one 10" Eminence Ragin Cajun. That Eminence is in the (very nice) Blackstar cab now and it sounds great. I also got the abovementioned Fender element.
    And I got two bumblebees caps (one with a broken leg) and two of those big brown-reddish ones. Gibson stuff I was told, and I think its right.:) will post pics!

My neighbors are overwhelmingly patient I must say!:D
    Now! Back to playing!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Thumpalumpacus, Clifdawg and Gahr like this.
  6. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Well-Known Member

Sounds like you made a great score, bud. Congrats!

It'd be cool if you could put the 12" in a cab and try your new toy that way, I find smaller amps get more benefit from larger speakers when the numbers are lined up right.

Happy playing!

Ray likes this.
  7. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

rsz_20190228_194004.jpg
    My 60s Tribute with P-90s really shines on this amp, but nice combo, this too.;)
    Edit: that loose input the cabinet (the Eminence it came with, and is the reason for that annoying cable there ..) was a quick fix too.:)
    A great buy, indeed!:D

Gahr likes this.
  8. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Yep, thats the plan, mister!;)I dont know so much about speakers, but one thing I do know is that they affect the sound A LOT, and that those Celestion greenbacks in my '76 Marshall cab sounds better than any other cab I' ve played on, they sound incredibly nice. So I think I maybe want one of those new Celestion greenbacks. But I will be trying those other elements I got. Btw, the Celestion element I got was not a 12", but a 10". But I do have a 12" Celestion in my old and defunct 30 W Marshall Master Lead! (My first proper amp, bought at the age of 14:))

Thumpalumpacus likes this.