.. Is this Tumble Weedville ?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Blackie, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

.. or are we all out actually playing our SG's .. ?

.. Heeeeeeellllloooooooooooooooooo !

.. is dis thing on ... smack ,, smack .. ?

2. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

It has been strangely quiet around here. Maybe there's a storm coming...

3. saxosim

saxosim Active Member

Yes I wondered about that too as posts seem few and far between in the last week or so, maybe everyone is on holiday or enjoying their SGs, I know I am enjoying my SG since getting it the other week, can't seem to put it down ;)

4. John J

John J Active Member

Seems quiet to me too. I think that's because the people on this board have real lives and just check up here to see what the heck is going on. Some places on the web just seem like the people there are really different and hate everything that isn't them.
    I'm a little different in my own way but I think most people are. It's the ones that can accecpt that fact and still have a conversation that are well rounded (open minded), rather than demanding that everything be their way.

5. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

I thought it was "back to school" time, so maybe y'all were busy.

6. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

.. Heeeeeeeeeeeellllllloooooooowwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. Well maybe I will come round here some more .. cause I lasted like 5 days at mlp before I cussed some fool out .. got banned .. again .. sorry but I can't have a rational discourse with a racist bigot ..

.. I went off an said he should be ... perforated by the ***** .. is that so wrong ? .. I mean .. I don't know .. thought is was pretty tame .. but eloquent ..

7. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

[quote author=Blackie link=topic=21889.msg262176#msg262176 date=1318203061]
    .. Heeeeeeeeeeeellllllloooooooowwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. Well maybe I will come round here some more .. cause I lasted like 5 days at mlp before I cussed some fool out .. got banned .. again .. sorry but I can't have a rational discourse with a racist bigot ..

.. I went off an said he should be ... perforated by the ***** .. is that so wrong ? .. I mean .. I don't know .. thought is was pretty tame .. but eloquent ..
    [/quote]

Well, I wouldn't recommend overusing that particular expression, we try to be pretty civil with each other on this forum, but we also seem to be pretty tolerant...and who likes racist bigots (other than other racist bigots) anyway?

And it WAS pretty tame! ;D

8. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

To me the biggest reason that this place has dropped user participation over the years is the reason that this is STILL the best place to be. We are a family here and don't tolerate a lot of crap. We don't mind people speaking their mind but go overboard and you are warned, and warned and then maybe banned. It seems that people thrive on disagreements and flame wars that you see on other forums. We had a lot of participation on here several years ago when we allowed a lot more of that.

I think you will find that the guys on here are very knowledgeable on all aspects of guitars and pretty polite when distributing information. We are a tame website with LOTS of information. Plus we are being competed against with Facebook, Twitter, etc and people can only spend so much time online.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get more people on here posting more, I am all ears.

9. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Oh, and if you do like this place and want it to stick around make sure that you click on the Sweetwater ads from time to time. If you buy something great, and if not, then just look around and see whats is new.

10. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

I both click the ads and have bought stuff! They are very good to work with.

11. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

[quote author=Tom link=topic=21889.msg262195#msg262195 date=1318278965]
    To me the biggest reason that this place has dropped user participation over the years is the reason that this is STILL the best place to be. We are a family here and don't tolerate a lot of crap. We don't mind people speaking their mind but go overboard and you are warned, and warned and then maybe banned. It seems that people thrive on disagreements and flame wars that you see on other forums. We had a lot of participation on here several years ago when we allowed a lot more of that.

I think you will find that the guys on here are very knowledgeable on all aspects of guitars and pretty polite when distributing information. We are a tame website with LOTS of information. Plus we are being competed against with Facebook, Twitter, etc and people can only spend so much time online.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get more people on here posting more, I am all ears.
    [/quote]

Agreed Tom, and I'd like to add that like an old married couple, we've discussed everything
    many times, and it's not surprising we have periods of silence.

It's also why most threads are started by newer members who haven't yet gorged themselves on the
    feast of information to be found here.

On getting more new members, I personally have never seen a single human being composed
    entirely of ears, and I'm sure a picture of your good self would attract plenty. :D

12. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

well I have an excuse, I just got back from a well deserved vacation to the coast for some fishing and relaxing with some good friends. Oh and yes we did bring guitars with us and do some jamming while we were there. In fact, I have decided I need a dedicated travel guitar. Something cheap yet durable that I can play and not worry about it getting wet, sandy, etc.