JUST bought a Samick Artist series SG. Haven't seen it yet.

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by old mark, Nov 12, 2009.

1. stubottle

stubottle New Member

I have a Samick Greg Bennett Royale semi, which is rather nice. Grover machines came as standard.

2. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

The finish is poly, but it's definitely not as heavy a coat as Epiphones have. I find lacquer equally as sticky though. No more neck heavy than any other SG I've played, maybe even less than my Gibby. It's pretty light. And the neck is pretty thin and fast, like a '61 RI. The nut is smaller too, unlike a real '61 SG. The specs are actually closer to a '68 (neck joint, beveling, chrome hardware, thinner nut, dark cherry finish), with the exception of the small PG.

There's very little to dislike about these things, trust me...

[​IMG]

3. warmachine

warmachine Member

I did want to report I grabbed that SG450 I asked about a few weeks ago. Craigslist snag for $75!!!! It will be a degreaser and polish job for sure cause it has not been used for a long long time. I already have some fresh parts to change out the corroded hardware. The prior owner also tried to do the fake out-phase Peter Green mod by flipping the bridge pickup around.

Fit and finish is pretty nice. Just can't stand that pickguard and truss cover....gonna scrap that. The neck feels great. This will be a great player once it's resurrected. ;)

eS.G. and PermissionToLand like this.
  4. dub-setter

dub-setter Well-Known Member

those samicks look sweet....

5. Detonator1977

Detonator1977 New Member

I love both of mine.i want the white Pearl one so I can have all 3 finishes