Just built my first pedal kit.

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Chuteboxehero, May 17, 2020.

1. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Well-Known Member

I've been considering building a kit for a while. Finally got around to ordering a kit from Aion Electronics. It's their clone of the Marshall Bluesbreaker overdrive from the early 90s. Great pedal but way too expensive when they do turn up. Anyhow, first time soldering a circuit board. I had a lot of fun putting this together. End result sounds incredible. Probably going to build their Rat kit next. Here's pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheshiergrin and Ess like this.
  2. Ess

Ess Active Member

love it. been jonesin myself for a kit of something. even looked at 18watt clones. alas i will stick to something less dangerous first.

great pics btw, love all that tinkering.:dude:

3. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

It's good fun building them, and like you said you can stock up on some pedals on the cheap. I've not heard of Aion before, I'll have to check them out. I like the labeling on the resistors, my old eyes are struggling with colour codes these days. All my kits have come from Fuzz Dog, great stuff too!

4. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Well-Known Member

I took a look at Fuzz Dog and they have an amazing selection. Might get my next pedal kit from them. Also looked at those 18w clones... That would be an awesome project. I'd love to do a amp build soon. Those kits get a little pricey so I need to do some research before I jump on one.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  5. cheshiergrin

cheshiergrin Active Member

Very cool