Latest Worn G-400 with binding?

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by Fillypino Fried, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Fillypino Fried

Fillypino Fried New Member

So, yeah, been scrolling through Sweetwater when...

[​IMG]

Yep. That's a brand new Worn G-400 with binding. The bevels also look deeper and more Gibson-like.

[​IMG]

Seems like everything with 1703207xxx onwards would have the binding and stuff.

Hopefully this is not a one time thing, and hopefully it also comes to the G-400 Pro and the cherry version of the Faded.

With all the mumble jumble going on at Gibson, this could be something.

2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

WARNING: RANT
    The following is NOT meant as a personal attack. It's intended merely as a general observation with some venting about some recent comments.

What is it with some people and bevels? You say how you think €pi is going "more Gibson-like" while some other guy gripes about how modern Gibby's ain't got good bevels anymore...... :facepalm:

Who's playing the blasted bevels?! It ain't like ₱√¢¡™ nibs where it can possibly affect the playability! (Though you'll notice that €pi don't play that game.)

Don't like 'em don't buy 'em! Or take a file and a friggen' pencil sharpener to 'em! I, for one, don't care and don't want to hear about it!

If it feels good, plays well and clicks with me, I'll buy it. If not, I won't, but the last bloody thing I care about is the 2.17459° or whatever difference between an old Gibby and and a new €pi (or Gibby for that matter).

[​IMG]
    END RANT

Sorry, back to the topic at hand. It's nice to see some Worns with binding again, though any issues in King Henry's kingdom probably have less of an impact out in the Epiphone Hinterlands. It will be interesting to see how the $500+ million debt gets settled and if current ownership / management remains in place.

:cheers:

Fillypino Fried likes this.
  3. Norton

Norton Well-Known Member

What is is with bevels?

Deep carves on the SG look cool.

And since the first few runs had deep carved and bevels....it's kind of a look ingrained in the guitar shape.

You don't need to care. It's totally not important.

But sculpturally and visually the deep carves and bevels are pretty damn cool looking. At least to my eyes.

+Mastodon Fan+, Gahr, drown and 2 others like this.
  4. vonserke

vonserke Active Member

Why it's nice to see some Worns with binding again, but not with deeper bevels? Also why everyone gets upset here, if someone dare to write the word ''bevels''? I've been bullied in another thread, cause I said I don't like the shape of the current Gibson SGs. A funny guy called me a Les Paul-ish cork sniffing something, that has entered his beloved SG realm! Ha ha!
    On topic now, It's great to see these cosmetic changes on G-400s, I might consider getting one after some years with no Epi SG.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Because certain people have to beat a dead horse that's why.

Some of us are so sick of hearing about bevels it's not even funny. You like them a certain way? Great! Good for you! If someone else's guitar doesn't fit your ideal template have the decency to leave them alone about something so bloody trivial!

6. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

What is it with some people and one dimensional thinking............Lordy, I wish I was half a billion dollars in debt..............

Norton likes this.
  7. vonserke

vonserke Active Member

The OP is beating a dead horse, because he scrolled through Sweetwater and found a G-400 with binding and deeper bevels? And if you are so sick of hearing about bevels, why don't you just pass this thread?

PeteR and PermissionToLand like this.
  8. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

Don't want to hear about bevels? ...go join a Les Paul forum, I'm sure they find much more important things to talk about. :smile:

Jeez, we've got whole threads about ruddy poker chips, and yet we can't talk about bevels?

Wanna talk about SGs and NOT bevels? Then talk about this one:
    [​IMG]

'coz that's what you'll end up with, if the bevels keep getting smaller each year. We need to talk about this stuff. I suspect it's a big conspiracy to hide the fact that Yamaha are going to buy Gibson. Pretty soon we'll all have to play bevel-less Yamaha SGs, which will end up replacing the entire SG/Les Paul range - a plan Yamaha have been working on since the 70s...

:ohno:

Seriously, the OP said nothing offensive about anyone's bevels (unlike a certain forum member), so can we cut the histrionics and get back to calmly discussing.... er.... anything & everything SG-related?

Relic61, PermissionToLand and Biddlin like this.
  9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension, get some.

Re-read my earlier posts. I wasn't talking to the OP in my rant.

The OP KNOWS this - he liked my post!

Jimminy Tap dancing cricket! Why do you even care!

10. Biddlin

Floriduh is a stand your ground state. Guess it attracts certain personality types!
    Say, I knew a girl named Maria Theodoropoulos from Thessaloniki who was the best pool player and cook I ever had for a roommate. Not hard on the eyes, either but had a temper when she drank and she was always drinking....She'd be about 75 years old now and no doubt widowed a few times.........I think of her when I prepare spanakorizo.

vonserke likes this.
  11. sazista

sazista Active Member

12. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Really? Does nobody read a disclaimer?

Now it's a conspiracy theory? Please, tell me you're kidding.

BTW I'm a member over at MLP, longer than I've been one here. I got sick of the Corksniffery over there. This whole angle / dangle thing is just as ridiculous for the reasons I ranted about earlier.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

14. Biddlin

Lol, but perhaps he can't....
    He is notoriously magisterial and humorless. He likes to dictate the parameters for the rest of us to ignore. He gets very angry when challenged.
    Roflmao.........I predict this conspiracy theory will quickly gain traction.

15. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

If all Epi SGs looked like this, I'd think about getting one to throw around and not worry about when I play at school. (Other) High school kids tend to not care about instruments and if your guitar gets hit by a basketball at a basketball game with the pep band and the headstock gets broken off, it's your problem. I would consider getting one if they had binding and no veneers in general, not just as a one off. Oh well :hmm:

Raiyn likes this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Other than the veneer thing....I'm with you. A veneer is like a fancy paint job, it's there to dress things up. African Mahogany is a more attractive grained wood than Luan. At this price point, you ain't getting the steak, but at least you can have a little sizzle. Maybe she ain't a natural blonde, but hey she's good lookin' and goin' home with ya ain't she?

17. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

Like you don't already know it....! :D

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Had to ask.

People have had the sharp knives out today.

19. vonserke

vonserke Active Member

Well, I don't know about Florida, but I certainly know about women from Thessaloniki and their temper :D!
    Now seriously...spanakorizo??? How do you eat this thing! I hate spinach and I fought epic battles with my mom, when I was a kid, chasing me all over the house with a dish of spanakorizo! Haha! Great times!

20. vonserke

vonserke Active Member

No man! No knives or hard feelings from me! I must use the smile :D more often, to show people I'm not angry when I type sometimes! On the other side, I hate to deal with the bevel police, when I want to say the ''b'' word here lately:rofl: